Anyone Using The New Builds Of Chrome OS- Vanilla or Lime ?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by wtsinnc, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

Hi.

Yesterday I downloaded from www.hexxeh.net both ISOs and Windows Disk Imager from Microsoft.

Following the successful installation of Lime on a 4gb USB 2.0 flash drive I was able to boot to Lime, sign in, and access the internet.

For the most part, Lime ran smoothly but I had a major problem with text size in the menus; it was much too small to read.
    Web pages rendered properly and the text in those pages appeared normal, but whenever I accessed a menu for options the text and entire frame of the menu box was tiny.
    This occurred with the OS setup menus or those menus accessed directly from the Chrome browser.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior and if so, can you offer a remedy ?

ps: My system resolution is set at 1360x768 and I am using a Sony LCD TV for my monitor.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. wtsinnc

I'm reviving this thread in hopes of getting a useful reply.

3. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Hey wtsinnc,
    I used vanilla for a while and didn't have any problems with the text. I'm on a 15" laptop running 1024. Maybe try running it on another monitor or changing you resolution. I can't remember if your able to change in the text size in the config menu.

4. wtsinnc

Thanks kjdemuth.
    I'll give it another go after Christmas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.