Anyone using the Bat for email?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by beethoven, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

I am pretty sure that I noticed The Bat on this forum before but doing a search I cannot find a previous thread.
    I am just trialling this email program and I am wondering whether anyone has experience with this prog with respect to interaction with NOD.
    Setting up was easy and all incoming emails are automatically scanned as usual (pop3), just wondering if I need to disable scanning of mail databases (in Nod) to avoid the risk of corruption of these? Any other issues?

Some background to my query is found here:http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forum/read.php?FID=4&TID=1297&MID=5496&phrase_id=953767#message5496 and as they are talking about plug-in, I am not really sure whether I still need them with the latest version of NOD.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2005
  2. BJStone

BJStone Registered Member

I'm using The Bat! for years, since more than 1 year together with NOD. I haven't seen any problem between those two. Emails get scanned by NOD.
    AFAIK you don't need any plugin at all for The Bat! with NOD : I sure don't use any. Also I've never had any mail database corrupted and certainly not by NOD.
    They cooperate very well actually. As a sidenote : I'm still using the older version 1.62, no IMAP - just POP3/SMTP. Whenever something malicious comes through from the mail server to The Bat!, NOD will nail it immediately. Just make sure you have NOD set up properly (Blackspears method) and you're all set. ( https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509 )

3. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

Same as BJStone
    I use TB 3.62.12 and no problems.
    As BJ states, do use "Blackspears" settings.

4. nonmirecordo

nonmirecordo Registered Member

Me too. No problems; the best MUA works very well with the best AV! The plug-in is not needed IMHO, it's just another link in the chain that could cause a problem in the future.

5. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Thanks Guys, that's what I was hoping to hear :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.