Anyone using quietzone with OutPost Pro 9.1 here? Setting up Tor & Firefox with permanent rules that

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rilla927, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I'm looking for folks that have this setup because I'm interested in how they setup the rules for Tor and Firefox to get them to stick once they reboot. As it sits now I have to manually setup all these rules each and every time I want to us it. I'm sure you pro's out there know something I don't to remedy this.

The only way I was able to setup the rules is because I noticed Firefox and Tor in the "used ports" section under Tools and right clicked to make the rules. Now if you don't have a visual like this for Tor or Firefox, how can you make the rules so they stick permanently and don't have to keep redoing every time you want to use the program? I don't think I have the rules correct either. Thanks.

2. Boblvf

Boblvf Registered Member

Salut,

- Firefox.exe TCP out > my computer.

- Tor.exe
    TCP in < my computer.
    TCP out > my computer.
    TCP out > port HTTPS (443).
    TCP out >

3. Rilla927

Thank you so much for these rules, they work perfectly. How do you keep your rules permanent?

4. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Make a rule, click OK, make another, click OK... When all done click Apply. Doesn't that work for you?

SeaMonkey is a cousin of Firefox. It (infrequently) needs loopback, so I suggest you add a TCP rule for inbound from localhost or I suppose MyComputer macro will do just fine.

5. Rilla927

No it doesn't stick because of being in virtual mode. When you reboot all is gone so I have to setup the rules each and every time.

6. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Rilla,
    In outpost, use File -> Save Configuration As... to save your rules set to a non-protected drive or in one of the QZ Exclusion folders (remember to activate the exclusions on that folder in the exclusions list). Once you do this, OP will start using that config instead of the one in its own directory. If you simply want to back up the config and then export it back in later you can use the file > import option.

7. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

what the hell is quietzone :doubt:

8. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

9. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Cheers ;) I'll take a look

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.