Anyone using overplay.net VPN?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by danielspencer2, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielspencer2

danielspencer2 Registered Member

I was looking for a vpn that doesn't store logs and that offers a fixed ip address. I found overplay.net that says it doesn't store logs:

https://www.overplay.net/faq.php

Is it true they don't store any traffic data logs about each user?

Also, does anyone know if they offer a fixed static ip address?

2. box750

box750 Registered Member

I think there is a misunderstanding when VPNs say: we do not store any logs, actually Overplay textually says:

We only log connection times and data usage totals

That is what most VPNs do, they do not log what sites you visited, only connection times, in order to track you down only connection times are needed.

For example, you visit website example.com and post a bomb threat there, the server of example.com will log your IP, date and time, the webmaster (or the cops) of example.com will then contact Overplay.net and say someone with IP XXXXX on date X/X/XXX at time XX:XXpm posted this.

Overplay has the connections times and will link them to your IP, abuse complaints can be handled with connection times there is no need to store what sites you visited at all.

If all you want is a VPN that doesn't store logs like Overplay.net you will find that 99% of VPNs only store connection logs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.