Anyone Using IE10-x64 with Win7-x64?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Shadow, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

...and if so, any issues/problems? :doubt:

TS

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I have been using it for several weeks (since it became available). I use EPM (Enhanced Protected Mode). No problems in general. In some banking and financial sites I have to use compatibility mode. One site doesn´t work even in compatibility mode. Some elements of some sites are seen much better than with IE9.

Sometimes is very fast, but my internet connection is not working well, so in average I find it as fast as IE9. Frequently warns that the QuickTime plugin is not compatible with EPM. The options are to disable EPM for the site or "Ignore" (ignore what?), which I always select.

3. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

I find IE10 much more responsive than IE9. No problems so far on Win7 x64.

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Is IE 10 still a beta for Win 7 x64?

5. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I've been using it for a couple weeks without any problems. It is in what is termed "Pre-Release" yet.

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

It is but it works fine. I put it on a machine that was crashing with IE9 and installing 10 fixed the issues.

7. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

Even on Windows 8, IE 10 is crap

1) As soon as I launch it my bookmarks bar icons look funny (as in, distorted images) then suddenly get rectified when the browser fully launches

2) this site, does not even allow me to login, when I hit login nothing happens, and the compatibility button disappears on this site only while it appeasrs on all others where I DONT NEEd the compatibility, whoever is using IE 10, try >>> http://www.manpower-me.com/Web/

3) There is 0 speed increase, whoever is claiming that it is faster than IE 9 is living in a placebo bubble

4) Google chrome beats anything out there for speed, compatibility - Although I must admit its bookmarks manager and interface suck but ya gotta compromise

8. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

And what system are you running? Quad core desktop might not notice a speed increase. But my core sole does for sure.

9. xxJackxx

1. Stop using whatever system utilities you are using that are corrupting your OS.
    2. I don't have a login for that site but I entered a bogus one and it did respond to my attempt.
    3. YMMV but IE10 is definitely faster than 9 on any machine I have used.
    4. I disagree but that is a matter of preference, so I will leave it at that.

It sounds like based on your description you have managed to corrupt your IE10 installation. That does not make it a poor browser. There are things I do not like about it (interface mostly, lack of add-ons, etc.) but it seems to work without issue for me.

10. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

1. There was nothing installed on my system other than the drivers (nVIDIA driver BTW which is Windows 8 compatible) and all other drivers are Windows 8 drivers. No tweaks, just Windows updates

2. Try creating a user for fun and then logout, and try logging in. This happened to me twice

Additionally, notice, on the login page, the entire compatibility button has vanished. Go to another site and the compatibility button is back

3. You may be right, on my system it wasn't any faster, maybe because I have a Quad Code System.

Specs:
    ASUS G75VW-T1086V
    CPU: i7-3610QM 2.30/3.30 GHz.
    Memory: 16 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz. RAM
    Storage: LiteOn LAT-256M3S 256GB SSD + Seagate Momentus 5400RPM 1TB HDD
    Graphics: GeForce GTX 670M 3GB
    Screen: 17.3' Full HD LED Screen

4. I agree, it's a personal preference, which as stated, I hate the interface of Chrome especially its bookmarks manager, hence, I use Firefox and am forcibly accepting its slow performance in loading webpages as opposed to IE and Chrome

11. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

That page forces IE7 mode:
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />
    Which may cause issues. Basically, the page you're criticising IE10 for is so dated it doesn't even "support" IE8 or IE9, or allow them to run in their native modes which may work fine.

The compatibility view button isn't some kind of magic button you can use on every website. It's based on a list of websites created and maintained by Microsoft. It makes IE behave differently for sites that are coded badly.

To force a specific mode onto IE you can press F12 and select a different browser mode or a different document mode. Hell, some sites even start working after faking a firefox user agent.

You broadly claimed that anyone noticing a speed increase is "living in a placebo bubble" yet now you're suddenly struck with logic and realize that your experience doesn't somehow become everyone else's experience? Nice progress you've made today. :)

12. The Shadow

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback, but I'm still wondering about the following:

Are any of you using the 64-bit version of IE10? ...the 64-bit version of IE9 left a lot to be desired.

When installing IE10 does it replace IE9? ...or do they co-exist?

TS

13. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I use 64 bit (according to Process Explorer). I´m not sure if it defaulted to 64-bit mode after installation, or if I changed it later, but 64 works well and I see no reason to use 32.

IE10 replaces IE9. It can be uninstalled from Installed Updates.

14. The Shadow

Thanks Robin, it seems as if you definitely prefer IE10 to IE9, so I may just give it a go...

You mentioned using EPM. Would you know if that conflicts with Sandboxie (or for that matter, is Sandboxie compatible with IE10)? :doubt:

15. Daveski17

OK thanks. Do you think it will be offered as a normal MS update when it finally reaches RC stage or later?

16. xxJackxx

I'm sure it will. I would think it will come in the next month or 2, if they care about competing with other browsers at all.

17. Daveski17

Well, I hardly ever use IE 9. I'll probably give IE 10 a spin though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.