Anyone using a USR 8200?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FBM, Jun 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBM

FBM Registered Member

I use a USR 8200 router that has two USB 2.0 ports to plug in an external harddrive. I have a Buffalo Technologies external drive (Western Digital) plugged into mine. Whenever I create an image over the network it fails at about 80% complete with the poor media error. It always fails at the same place. I can create an image successfully when the drive is plugged into my PC directly. The image is about 4.5GB. I was also able to create an incremental image of about 2GB over the network. It just fails when I try to create a full image over the network. I already have a ticket open with Acronis but I wanted to see if anyone else has encountered this problem with this setup. The last thing Acronis said to me was that they are using SMB but I don't know how that is related to my problems. Thanks.

2. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

I don't have a answer to your question, but it sounds like your hitting up against some limit. Since its not the drive, it must be the router. So why don't you try to reduce the size of the image that your creating. This can easily be done in the wizard at the image archive splitting screen. Just select Fixed and enter 2000mb. See what happens.

Storage_man

3. FBM

FBM Registered Member

Great idea...and it worked! Must be something with the router. I'll have to do some experimenting.

4. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

FBM

Glad it worked for you. Keep on using TI its a great product.

Storage_man

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.