Anyone used Karen's Replicator for Backups?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poirot, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

As i opted for a policy of making a complete Image every 15-20 days and a separate incremental-like Backup of 3 folders nearly everyday, obviously not with Acronis, i found today a very simple free tool like Karen's Replicator,which is capable of copying to another disk just the changed files.
    (http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptreplicator.asp)
    This little program would be what i need to do these little daily backups,but is it SAFE to use with Acronis running its 2 or 3 files all the time from startup?
    I guess yes,but perhaps someone who used the two together...........

Also: i am running my XP Home without Scheduled Tasks Service (disabled), could this have any impact on normal, regular, non scheduled operations of Acronis, like Creating-Restoring images on demand?
    I guess not,but.....

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

No. ATI runs its own scheduler.

3. poirot

poirot Registered Member

I figured,Sandokan.

As to Replicator,since nobody objected i take it there are no complaints,so i feel free to use it.

Regards to Sandokan and to the island of Mompracem, :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I have used Replicator for years, it is a fantastic backup program.

Cheers :D

5. poirot

poirot Registered Member

yes Blackspear, i've been using Replicator for just a couple of days now,but it is exactly what i was looking for to do the minor job alongside Acronis,
    and it does it freely and flawlessly.The program is so very simple and efficient. A paragon for all software writers imho.
    I read somewhere about its complexity...it seems to me-slightly more than a beginner in this field-that it is impossible to make mistakes with K.Replicator!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.