Anyone try this free firewall (SensiveGuard)?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by luke_spywalker, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have never heard of this firewall, maybe someone will comealong with a little info on it. ;)

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It is quite nice as an outbound filter for use with a router or CHX-I for example, however, it does have a few problems, which I have written to them about. One is the current version generates error messages in event viewer about the service not starting (when it has actually started ok). Minor annoyance.

However, the one big issue not fixed yet, is that it has the same problem that Sygate has with proxy software/loopback stuff. If you are using Avast AV for example, it will ask you for permission for the Web Shield of Avast to connect out, but then it will proceed to allow IE and Firefox or Opera etc to connect out without even asking you for permission.

So right now, it won't handle proxy software properly. They have said that they will consider fixing this in future releases, particulary if Avast and other proxy software is popular. So hopefully they will resolve this problem soon. If they do then I will consider using it with my router here..

In general, it is primarily an app control and file system monitor of sorts. Not a true firewall like we are used to, ZA for example, or others.

Looks promising though... :)

3. Tyreman

Tyreman Registered Member

I had been looking at it.. but not much seen 'round about it.
    Certainly looked interesting but don't they all :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.