anyone try Spy Cleaner Gold 9.5?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by WSFuser, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Heres the review from CNET:

It got a 5 out of 5. seems like an interesting antispyware. any opinions/experiences?

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

thanks for info WSFuser... I may give the trial version a run when I get time.

...however, the database certainly needs adding to at this stage, but we shall have to wait and see I suppose what happens in future..

Cheers, TAS

edited.. resized image

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005
  3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

hmmmmm... maybe I won't at this stage install. Will try to get more info/feedback on it. o_O

Source: FROM HERE

4. I installed SpyCleanerGold 9.5 when none of my browsers would bring up a window and SpyBot was unable to find anything.

Spy Cleaner Gold 9.5 found a number of suspected problems and I stupidly told it to clean them.

Now Explorer.exe core dumps. I reinstalled a different drive to boot up on but have not figured out what it broke yet. Still going through the DeleteLog.txt file.

5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I purchased their program and have had nothing but problems with it. As mentioned above it cleans core system files because they are detected as spyware. I thought this was going to be a good program but that turned out not to be the case. STAY AWAY FROM THIS and any version they come out with!!! You'll eventually regret it if you don't.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

FYI. SpyCleaner seems to have a dark past.
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#scgold_note
    Note on SpyCleaner: SpyCleaner was listed on this page because of concerns with false positives. In early March 2005, a new version of SpyCleaner was released, followed by new definitions. Testing with this new version indicates that the problems with earlier versions have been satisfactorily resolved. Thus, we can no longer consider SpyCleaner to be "rogue/suspect" anti-spyware.

My personal experience with an AS software, that once was listed as rogue software and not anymore, was XoftSpy of paretologic.com.
    So I gave XoftSpy a second chance and during the very first scan, it reported my language indicator in the system tray as malware. For the fun, I let XoftSpy remove it and my language indicator was gone indeed after the next reboot.
    A so called improved XoftSpy, that was even tested by a team and still makes such a big mistake, doesn't deserve my attention.

So I won't use SpyCleaner Gold either.
    The saying "Once a thief, always a thief" seems to be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.