Anyone try DriveSentry? It's freeware now!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zopzop, May 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

It might be loopback traffic.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Would the traffic have anything to do with this? If so, is their a way to turn it off?

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well nice that it´s freeware now, looks like it can be a useful tool, and it also seems to be compatible with SSM and Neoava. However, why does it needs to execute some .exe file upon startup? Also, I don´t like the fact that you need to create an account first before you can use the tool and that it wants to have network access. :shifty:

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I did a test run and decided to archive it for the these reasons: (1) this app can not even remember user's previous action, keep asking same question over over again w/ annoying popups. (2) upon window booting, this app is forcibly shutdown by something (I have no clue) although autostart w/ window is chosen. (2) its advisor base is very small (less than 10,000 so far), constanly connecting to its server will not serve any good purpose. (4) that is why (IMO) it is offered free to boost up advisor's base (despite of its patent-pending technology). Not a matured app yet, IMO.

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Thanks for the feedback Perman, I guess I will have to wait for the new file protection feature in SSM and/or Neoava.

I still think this is strange and unneccesary. :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.