Anyone try Blink® Personal Edition?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by zopzop, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

Can anyone who's used this software compare its effectiveness and performance as an all-in-one suite to KIS 6?

2. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

I have actullay had Comodo Pro Firewall, Prevx2, and AVS install exe's on my Desktop for two days now ready to replace Blink Personal Edition, but I can't bring myself to do it because I really like this program. So far the only negative (after 4 days of having it installed) is it increases my reboot time, but other than that my PC runs well with it installed. Also will add that the eEye Blink Support Forum was quick to resond to a question I had and provides some good info on Blink Personal Edition and the new version (still in beta) due out sometime around June 18th. http://forums.eeye.com/forums/
    Of course if the itch for something new hits me any harder I could soon have the set up I mentioned earlier. LOL.

3. martosurf

martosurf Registered Member

I just discovered CF and absolutly agree with you it is a really nice 'toy', but I too wish it be updated and polished to use fewer system resources ;)

Sorry 4 the off-topic!!!

4. martosurf

martosurf Registered Member

5. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Oh, Oh, you must be a late comer. There are tons and tons of paper trails regarding to this tone guy. He got not just more than handful but also earful of forces trying to push him belly up. Just be a bit careful re what you are reading.

6. muf

muf Registered Member

I agree with Perman's warning. Don't take his reviews with a pinch of salt, take them with a bucket load!!!

muf

7. duke1959

Blink Personal Edition 3.1 Beta running great here. Final release due out next week.

8. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I like it found alot of vunerabilities im fixing up...... on 2gig runs well :D

how do u see liscence though? i think its free for 1yr?

9. duke1959

10. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Been running this since July 12th.
    Tonight I uninstalled it.
    It froze the program trying to to a manual update.
    Other problems I've encountered were,
    the GUI shutting down for no reason and taking the taskbar icon with it,
    slow scans, then normal scans, to times I couldn't scan at all and of course I never had an auto update.
    I reinstalled several times hoping it was just an install problem with no luck.
    Then of course there is no tech support for the personal version. Only their forums.

TECHNICAL SUPPORT
    Phone, email and web-based support is NOT PROVIDED for Blink Personal Edition. Should you need help with Blink Personal Edition, please browse our online message board:
    http://www.eeye.com/html/consumer/support

The concept is good and I will try it again once the bugs are all fixed.
    But for now: :thumbd:

11. duke1959

The auto update not working was the show stopper for me.

12. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Yeah, I ran into this one too and that was enough for me to dump it. Scans were slow here as well... Didn't even keep it long enough to check auto updating..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.