anyone tried VirusBuster?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hemkop, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hemkop

hemkop Registered Member

Can anyone tell me if VirusBuster have good Heuristic detection?
    is it a good AV ?, etc etc ??

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Last I saw AND heard , it was poor . I tried it long ago but , too far back to make a judgement call about how it is today . Search around and you can find some info on this . Not very highly regarded

3. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

Yes,I have tried VirusBuster 2005-it has more or less decent protection,though the big minus-a lack of incremental updates.But they are going to launch a new AV in coming months.They postponed the release of 2006 version for several months! cause they seem to be wanting to create somthing new and robust.I even wrote to them and they responded that a new VB would be launched after beta-testing.
    VB doesn't seem to react minor malware,which they do not consider perilous.
    Let's wait for their new AV-may be it will be a bomb.F-Prot also promises to suprise us.Promises,promises.:rolleyes:

4. Ned Slider

Ned Slider Registered Member

I too tried it quite a while back. Back then, it suffered from a large amount of false positives. Can't comment directly on what it's like now.

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Made in Denmark, just like Bullguard, so it's quality I presume (it usually is around here).
    It scores quite high on the latest av-comparatives.org test, so I suggest you give it a try. I'm sure they have a 30-day trial.

6. IBK

IBK AV Expert

...o_O...

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Uh indeed ... I seem to have misread the results :p

8. Windfresh

VirusBuster is a Hungarian product: www.virusbuster.hu/en or www.virusbuster.net/en .
    Bullguard was established by Danes,but judging by their official site they live and work in London,so the company is British.

9. wannaberich

wannaberich Registered Member

virus buster is another word for the subcore part of an idiots brain - whichs slows down then repeats iteself. Only a scientist could figure how to work this out.
    However the solution is to add a site ~snip~ which is brill.;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2006
  10. Windfresh

o_O Have you tried to read VB help file or on-line manual?Or have you got in touch with their support?They always respond.To my questions,at least...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.