Anyone tried this?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by subratam, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subratam

subratam Registered Member

lets see if anyone tried Advanced Browser
    I am using it and I find it very nice and ofcourse very smooth to use with lots of added benefits.
    It uses the base of IE and benefits of say, opera. In simple words it combines the best functions of best browsers available and itself coming up with a product that is you can say like an assembled browser.
    just try out or if anyone already use it.. want to hear some comments
    thx

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

subratam, if you do try this be sure to post how it worked for you. It would be interesting to find out if there is another browser out there that is anygood. ;)

3. subratam

hey bigc,

I am trying this for past 1 month now... see my post previous... I said I am using it... and to me its really is a nice one... here lemme post from the horse's mouth

These new features include multiple subwindows (tabs) in a single browser window, a built-in automatic pop-up window stopper, built-in online activity eraser - great privacy feature, built-in options to block images, videos, sounds, ActiveX components, multiple windows management (all windows can be stopped, refreshed, arranged or closed with one click), additional mouse functions, different skins, imports all of your current Internet Explorer favorites. Advanced browser also remembers windows you viewed and can automatically restore them on next program startup. Download this free Internet Explorer based browser and see for yourself. (File size is only 1.03MB)

and yes... its a good browser(am posting this from here only ;) )

4. JayK

JayK Poster

Yet another IE shell. Pass...

5. Sumire

Sumire Registered Member

Hi,subratam

thank you for your post. It seems that Advanced Browser is relatively new web browser. May I ask you two questions?

1.)Does Advanced Browser have mouse gesture feature like Opera?

2.)Does Advanced Browser use registry as a preservation of settings?

I think IE or IE based browser is not so unsecure if I configure correctly. ;)

Best Regards

6. JayK

JayK Poster

I suppose so, if you are watching,reading bugtraq every day and can keep up with the exploits found almost weeky .

7. Sumire

Sumire Registered Member

Hi,JayK :)

I don't know why you dislike IE so much. I also know this site.
    http://www.pivx.com/larholm/unpatched/

but I don't worry about using IE so much, nor visiting bugtraq every day. because I never allow java,java script,active x, If I don't know the site is completely secure.

In addition to this, I also use proxomitron as a local proxy, this program is very good HTTP firewall If I configure correctly. I also use Script Sentry as a anti-malicious script, most malicious mobile code won't be executed on my PC If I don't allow for myself.

I sometimes use Opera and Mozilla(mostly on Linux box), Opera and Mozilla also had some bugs in the past, it's same as IE. If I don't configure correctly and have common sense, I think that a result becomes the same thing.

Best Regards.

8. subratam

I think, you please visit the browser home page.... there is a nice FAQ.
    regarding questions.. i havent seen any mouse gesture feature :rolleyes:

regarding next question just chk the FAQ...

I find A B pretty nice.... it has sooo many features,,, u will love it... try once....

9. bigc73542

I used to use IE exclusively but it was a constant battle to try to keep up with all the security problems that were constantly showing up. I will now stay with opera and blackdiamomd mozilla. They are so much more secure. And if advanced browser is just a shell for IE you will gain nothing security wise by useing it. I am trying not to use very many screen shots but in this case I will to show that it is an IE shell

Attached Files:

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I read today that M$ has announced that the 6.x version of IE is *their last standalone browser* -- they announced that any future browser upgrades will be based upon, & built into, their Longhorn OS.

IF M$ goes forward with this plan, I wonder what effect it will have on all the many IE clones out there?

11. subratam

But it holds bigger security than IE... I always trial softwares, everytype... At present I use three browser moreso two, A B and Opera.
    A B is well to do... I have been using it... and yes... Its nice and if you need ultimate browsing experience... I think it should have its say.... security?? hmm .. I feel its not that insecure.... but yes opinions differ... and ofcourse Opera , Mozilla are there.... I have used them all umm A B do fight ..

12. JayK

JayK Poster

Because it's bad??

Nice except some of the exploits work even with javascript off. And surfing without JS is rather painful, I found.

Proxomitron is useful against such exploits only if you keep abreast of the latest security exploits in IE, and design filters to detect them.

It's good that you take precautions, but as I have shown, even with this degree of effort, you are still exposed. Much easier just to ditch IE and use it only when required.

13. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Where is the logic in that statement o_O

I tend to agree with others here, that while Advanced Browser may increase the functionality of IE, it still uses IE as the core and with some of IE's inherent weaknesses it does not really add much greater security at all.

14. Sumire

Sumire Registered Member

Hi,subratam

Thank you for your reply. :)

Yes,I also read good FAQ. Why I ask you whether Advanced Browser use registry or not is that I know many people never use IE based web browsers just because they use registry as a preservation of settings. I just want to make it more clear.

Anyway I like to try new software, I'll give A.B. a try.
    many thanks.
    Best Regards.

15. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Hi,

I used Advanced for a while and I liked it. But I am using (trying) at the moment MyIE2, so far i think this one is even more better to me.
    Info found: http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

Gerard

16. Mullyman

Mullyman Registered Member

If you like using IE core browsers you might want to give this one a look and try. :cool:

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

17. subratam

hi rerun,

i think you cut short the sentence or didnt read full... it was written.... its as secure as IE but yes with much more and more capabilities and options.

ok...
    i just wanted to post this as i use this browser and i wanted to have some comments and i am getting. i also have opera, ie itself mozilla in linux and yes i do try new softwares always.. and will do.. i wanted to say that if anyone uses IE , then one cud giv a try to AB.. who will do it.. totally his/her opinion.

sumire,

just temme hou did u like it... :)

mully and gerard ,

i will surely have a look at thoz ones :)

thx mates

EDIT !!! just went to avantbrowser.... hmm... just look at the FAQs of advancedbrowser and avantbrowser....
    thats cool... Mully man did you even see advanced??
    even the icon on the page are identical... "A" within blue background... dunno... :rolleyes: ... i was astonished when i even see the avant home page... thats how advanced also looks man....

18. Mullyman

I was reading some very interesting articles Subratam...between the comparisons of Avant and Advanced...and it seems that Advanced is a ripped of copy of an earlier version of Avant(8.02)....also the size is different...while Advanced is 1.03 MB and Avant is 2.17 MB....i personaly did try Avant and it seemed like a very stable browser and it has some very nice features added to it.....but i am currently using my IE6 again...i have tried all the rest...and everyone i have tried has some sort of issue with it..i know people complain how bad IE6 is...but it works for me..and everyone has their own preference....some people like Corvettes and some like Mustangs and then there are ones like me, who still like Edsels :cool:

19. subratam

hmmm....

twist of the tale.. huuh...
    i wud study some comparisons too... lemme see..
    but... i myself think Avant has got the firepower..more than advanced... why so??
    just see the "search engine" internally installed... Avant gives google... hmm advanced gives not so wellknown.. or is it? :rolleyes:
    anyways... i will try avant too... lets get some more views

20. JayK

JayK Poster

Well if it's up to me, anyone who admits to using any IE based browser as their main browser, should be barred from being Wilder's security members :)

21. subratam

wilders is still.. a nice place... thx for people like u not being mods or admins... i also dun like IE myself... but that dun gimme the power or any right to say rude words(oh.. maybe they are ok words to you) to others who are using it...
    u r a diff person than any other... so u shud mind...
    that...
    ur opinions r diff from any other... respect other's opinions.. its ur wish to listen or not... but... ur avatar signature is perfect...
    whatever you do dont listen to me

22. Mullyman

HMMMM....barred from Wilders...sure don"t think i would loose any sleep over that :cool:

23. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Come on folks...

Let's stay focused on the product itself and not talk about the users of it or each other. There will be people here who use IE exclusively, people who never use it, and those that fall somewhere in between.

Let's not make it personal. It's only software!

24. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

For the record; I use IE6 exclusively, and have never had a problem with it whatsoever.

25. bigc73542

Until I started useing opera and mozilla I always used IE and it worked well. In all the years that I used it I only had to do one reinstall. But in the last year and a half there has been a lot more malware and it is capable of doing a lot more damage. That is why I wont go back to IE or use an IE shell browser until they make it a bit more secure. If a small company like opera can do it microsoft should be able to. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.