Anyone tried this firewalls?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by z7x8c9, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. z7x8c9

z7x8c9 Registered Member

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I tried Core Force about 9 months ago. At the time, it still seemed to be very early in development and needed quite a bit of work. Saw some bugs/problems etc. But it may be better now, I don't know. Haven't tried the other one...

3. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

CoreForce is also a sandbox. Some users where saying its a bit sluggish on older PCs. It can take quite a bit of setting up if you want to config fully. I found it o.k., but didnt really have the time to fully set it up.

NeT firewall, this is a TCP/IP filter (not an application firewall), This I would say is like CHX 2.8 but with some added "wizards" for setting up rules, a few other visual features, and some hard coded IDS rules (but never found out what these where). I, myself, would prefer CHX 3 over NeT firewall (more TCP/IP filtering options)

4. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

but god knows people keep praising net firewall all the time...i have never tried any of them..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.