Anyone Tried The New Improved Vipre Security Pro Suite

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! sg09...Your observation is correct. However based on the reply I received yesterday the Bitdefender engine and Signatures are only available at the moment with the Vipre I.S.Pro product not with the Vipre I.S.or Vipre A/V. Sincerely...Securon

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I used to like Vipre. I'll keep any eye on it and see where this goes.

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Same here. Hope it gets better than it used to be.

4. m0unds

m0unds Registered Member

i hope they do, because sunbelt really was a good company and respected their customers and gfi obviously didn't know what to do with a customer base that wasn't all businesses.

i got the impression from the people i've interacted with lately that they're aware of how bad their product quality and support were when gfi was directly in control and they're actively trying to make it better.

5. Securon

Good Morning ! There's currently a Sale on Vipre I.S. Pro...that states you can save 50% off for a 2 yr subscription. Now the Muddy Part is it states As Low as $44.99 any Combination of P.C.'s. I'm going to follow up with Threat Track/Vipre tomorrow...is it me or is the wording not providing Clarity as too the intent of the Pricing? This promotion is valid for VIPRE Internet Security Pro for any combination of PCs (1, 3, 5, or 10 PCs) two (2) Year subscription less 50% off of the Suggested Retail Price. Includes 2 years of free technical support. Offer is valid through May 2, 2016. Stay Tuned! Sincerely...Securon

6. Securon

Good Evening! Just an FYI...for my fellow Canucks...when ordering Vipre ask Sales/Customer Service...to factor in the increase of our CDN Dollar...it won't and can't be changed on the Gui or Order Field...but they'll reimburse you on your Credit Card Statement...and will state such when they send you your Order Confirmation E-Mail. I received an Excellent Customer Transaction with Rebecca at Threat Track,superb Customer Focus. The install was straight forward and I highly recommend the new Vipre Security Pro 2016. Sincerely...Securon

7. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

There was a major update to a new version of Vipre Pro Suite. Haven't seen the change log.

8. Securon

Good Morning! jjc225...are you referring to the addition of the Bitdefender Engine and Signatures? I suspect all relevant info would be available at Threat Track's Website. Security Pro also is Cloud Enabled in improving Detection and Remediation. These features are part of the Advanced Active Protection included as part of the Security Pro Protection. Sincerely...Securon

9. Ripcord

Ripcord Registered Member

That was a quick change of heart Securon on Viper. For myself i'll keep my distance for now.

10. Securon

Good Evening! Well it wasn't that quick...after the A/V Comparitives Review...and using the Bitdefender Engine and Signatures...and of course the Sale...it got the Best of my Curiosity. Now I must admit it's Super Light on my P.C. and Zero Bugs and Responsive; no Lagging or time out's. I'll update my opinion in a month's time. But so far so good. Sincerely...Securon

11. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Some staff members at Malwaretips have tested the product. They also made this thread discussing the product.
    https://malwaretips.com/threads/vipre-2016.56785/

12. Ripcord

I remember when running Vipre scan times were well over 1hr...What kind of scan times are you guys seeing now?

13. Securon

Good Evening! Well Ripcord I agree that Full Scans especially seemed to take forever. I've run a couple of quick scans and they're roughly 7 to 9 minutes. I'm running a Full scan on Saturday that's the one that will be interesting. Otherwise it's Super Quick and Super Stable on my system...very impressed so far! Sincerely...Securon

14. Securon

Good Afternoon! Back from the land of Full System Scans! 150 processes...438633 Files...27024 Registry Items...79 Cookies...0 Infections found...Length of Scan 3 Hrs 27 Min. Still a tad Lengthy; but compared to the Old Vipre...definitely improved! If Cacheing or Digital Fingerprinting has been implemented,future scans will be reduced. Sincerely...Securon

15. Ripcord

3 hrs+ full scan...looks like Vipre scan times haven't changed at all. To me that's unacceptable,I think all top tier security companies have there full scan times under 15 mins or less.

16. Securon

Good Morning! Well Ripcord my P.C. is roughly eleven yrs old...I intend too upgrade this coming fall...Like me Age takes it's toll...Lol! I'm optimistic that scan's will be quicker. The most important thing to me is how nimble it is and lacking in superfluous features...Vipre so far fulfills my expectations on both counts. Sincerely...Securon

17. Securon

Good Afternoon! Well Ripcord, as I suspected the Full System Scan just completed Ran at 38 minutes...a Massive Improvement. Vipre has been so far as Solid as one could hope for...Super Satisfied! Have a Super Boss Weekend Everyone. Sincerely...Securon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.