Anyone tried SuperAdBlocker v5(Pre-release)?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Dermot7, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Wondering how good it is, incompatibilities etc.
    Development seems to have gone a bit quiet of late(past 4 months)?
    Comes from SuperAntiSpyware "stable", as you probably know.
    Any info welcome, thanks.

p.s Looking at their forum, it appears not to work with Firefox- is this correct?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I was a former user of the v4.6 version because it came bundled with Superantispyware, I then found out that it was never fully Vista compatible and then uninstalled it. On Windows XP it worked really great though.

I haven't installed the v5.0 pre-release because I'm really annoyed by the development attitude (or lack thereof) that the developer has shown towards Superadblocker. He keeps making empty promises and never seems to make his own deadlines.

The developer might as well drop Superadblocker completely because in my opinion he certainly doesn't seem interested enough in improving it. Just check the Superantispyware forums to see the compaints people have towards the lack of development of Superadblocker.

3. Dermot7

Thank you denniz, this confirms the impression I got. Probably best avoided
    unless things pick up substantially.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I had it when I used Xp, but when I moved over to vista, it conflicted with Vistas UAC. It took nearly an eternity for them to fix this issue, by the time they did Windows 7 was released, now it wont even work with windows 7. needless to say I threw it in the garbage. I dont have time to wait forever to use a program I paid for and can not now use.

5. Dermot7

Thank you DVD+R, that's useful information. All the best ( and to the Red Devils).

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Looks like emotions are getting testy over at the SAB forum.

8. Dermot7

Gotta give those guys over there top marks for patience and longsuffering. They're paid-up customers, if I understand correctly. Think they'll organise a
    search-party to look for SuperAntiSpy soon!

9. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Wow ! 2 months without a reply on the forum from an Admin ? Good grief ! And even when posting THIS year , only in January ( me thinks ) was a new version mentioned the last time by an Admin .:doubt: I do feel bad for the guys in that forum wanting something explained .

10. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

ROFLMAO thread. Well... that was really enough for me to not touch that product w/ a 10ft pole. ~3 years and counting... maybe a miracle happens and this paid product will work with outdated Firefox next year?
    :eek: :D :thumbd:

11. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

That thread should be required reading for anyone contemplating using any programs connected to that developer.

12. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Such irony, since it's the same developer as SuperAntispyware. And that program is held in high regard here on Wilders.

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Page42 - you have done nothing but bash me, my products and my companies. <edited to remove exact time frame> I understand that's "what you do", and several of those posts on the forum were from you and your "fake" users you created ( I am sure you'll deny this, but strange how your IP's match! ). I have deleted your users from the forum.

I have since removed those and we'll restart the thread so people can gain accurate information.

As a small/medium sized company, and with SUPERAntiSpyware having over 30 million users, we have been inundated with tasks in keeping up with SUPERAntiSpware and that has led to SUPERAdBlocker not being updated as it should be and should have been.

We are working hard to remedy this situation as we have brought on additional staff to handle the tasks. We will be offering all SUPERAdBlocker users SUPERAntiSpyware Professional free of charge in addition to free upgrades and updates to SUPERAdBlocker.

I apologize to those that have waited for an update. For those considering SUPERAntiSpyware, you can see we have daily updates for the definitions and have for the past 4 years, and we update the product monthly, I have included the links below:

Definition updates history:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/definitionupdatehistory.html

Program updates history:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/producthistory.html?id=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  14. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

BTW What is going on here? I guess we should not bash anybody without any reasons....

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

What's going on is we have been delayed in our release of an updated SUPERAdBlocker because of time constraints and the number of users of SUPERAntiSpyware - that's no excuse, but it's the reality. We are working on remedying the situation by adding staff to complete the updates so we can maintain all of our products.

It's a simple fact of how fast our company has grown. The same issues have and continue to happen to many companies on the Internet and off.

The bashers, such as Page42 come out and "jump on the bandwagon" anytime they see anyone having an issue. If you look at his other posts where my company is involved, he simply is like a shark - he preys on others issues and then stirs up a bash fest. I can't say why he does it, but likley he doesn't have a great life and this is his only power - and he doesn't have to face people, he can bash away from behind his keyboard like a coward. It's the unfortunate part of the Internet.

We are working hard to keep up on all products and will continue to do so - as you can see, we have actively maintained SUPERAntiSpyware for the past 5 years.

16. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Whoa there SUPERAntiSpy, let's not go off the deep end.
    Reel it in a little bit there, you sound like a man overcome by paranoia.
    I have much better things to do than bash your company, and I wasn't planning on responding anymore here, but by directing your post to me, well, you seem to deserve a response.
    I've been a member here at Wilders since 2007. How have I been bashing you for 6 years, Sparky?
    I won't even respond to your ridiculous accusation about me having multiple identities on your foum, except to say I haven't logged into your forum since I stopped using your software, which was probably about 3 years ago.
    I also have no inclination at this moment to engage you in battle over your petty comments, other than to say...
    1. you can't point to a case of me bashing any software, so why would I bash yours, and
    2. stick to the topic at hand, which is your failure to back up multiple promises to release program updates to paying customers.
    As far as you deleting users from your forum who you think are me, well, you just deleted other people's accounts, and I suspect they won't feel any better about you now than they did before.
    Every time you open your mouth, it's a marketing nightmare.
    :thumbd:

17. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

As expected Page42.

If anyone has any questions regarding SUPERAdBlocker and/or SUPERAntiSpyware I'll be happy to answer them directly here.

18. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I'm going to try something here, SUPERAntiSpy. I'm going to try appealing to your sense of fairness and what you ask of others when you find yourself in similar situations.
    I'm going to ask you to either provide proof that I have posted in your forum (and have created "fake" users), or ask you to kindly refrain from spreading such accusations.
    Simple as that.
    You are WAY out of line posting rubbish like that.
    If you want to rant about me bashing you for 6 years, well, that's your interpretation (and warped sense of time). But it's a two-way street here, and I think you should follow the same course of action that you expect from others.
    So put up or shut up, SUPERAntiSpy.

19. Dermot7

@SuperAntiSpy,
    I certainly don't want to be seen as a basher. Originally, I was just seeing if
    any info about SuperAdBlocker might come from some of the Wilders "wise-owls", and then saw that there seemed to be a delay in development, without
    progress update for customers.
    Perhaps a recent clarification post on the forum might have helped?
    Thanks for your input here.

20. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

There is no problem with you asking about the product. I am more than happy to answer any questions our users or potential users or forum members may have!

21. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

When I have the time, I'll go through the posts and Google cache since I know you edit posts, and provide some examples. I edited the other post to remove the 6 year reference, thank you for correcting the length of time you have been a member.

I am not going to waste everyones time engaging you.

If people have questions about our products I'll be more than happy to address them promptly!

22. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

30 Million, really? That's impressive considering the likes of AVG only have about 100 Million.

Just curious, how do you count users.. Is it the amount of product installs since the beginning, or the number of instances who updated definitions in the past 30 days or something else?

23. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

AVG is advertising 110 million users. That's a far cry from our 30 million! 80 million more to be exact :)

We have had far more than 30 million downloads in the past 4.5 years. It's hard to know "exact" numbers of course because some people check for updates daily, some weekly, some once a year! If you break it down, that's only 16k downloads a day, so it's not a crazy number.

I imagine most people's "numbers" will be going higher as A Single Solution is NOT Enough these days and it takes many "tools" such as SAS, MBAM, AVG, etc. to clean a single system.

24. kingaljr

kingaljr Registered Member

I am very happy with the way SAB works on my XP-SP3 machine but it would be nice to see it run web based rather than browser specific. I tend to use Opera and it's a pain for me to constantly customize web content for every page.

25. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I see, so 30 Million is a best guess basically. I sell a tool which gets a few hundred downloads a day (new sales and existing customers downloading new versions) but every license is stored in the database so it's easy to count users without a free version like SAS has.

But i had no idea SUPERAntiSpyware was so popular, well done 30 Million is huge that's a lot to be proud of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.