Anyone tried Neova Guard

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kees1958, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi all

I gave Neoava Guard a try. Tried it in PC1 with Antivir-free + SSM-free + DefenseWall paid + SensiveGuard. I tried it to replace CyberHAwk on PC2 (Antivir free + CyberHawk free + GeSWall pro).

On PC-1 it worked, later on PC-2 (the target PC) it seem to get in a terrible clash with Xfire and/or GeSWall and locked up the system completely. Couls not start XP again to use PartitionMagic for image copy. Had to use my disaster recorvery (Bart's PE with DriveImageXML) to set the C_partition back again.

Any experiences?

I like the protection it gives (sort of super Cyberhawk). When I get positive feedbacks (on Beta2) I will try to sort out the problems. For now I am asking you all.

Regards K

2. Kees1958

EDIT

When this program protects what it claims, it is a great freeby!

It protects against all the things you want: data injection, remote threads, service startup/modification, driver startup/modification, process injection/modification, physical memory violation, partition modification, global/windows hooks plus:
    - anomoly detection like DSA
    - application process HIPS-monitor like SpywareTerminator has, Sentinel had

plus some registry protection, pity you can not add registry protection like in SSM-free (scans your hard disk for existing aps).

I installed it again on PC-2 with security on low, learning mode and ask for confirmation. Because Xfire violates phisical memory and GeSWall Pro prevents that, Neoava Guard locked up the system.

I trail it with everything on ask, forget about the browser **** because my son uses FireFox and disables application startup monitor. It took only 3.8 MB. After 2 reboots I could disable learning mode (with only italic marked protection)
    (a lot less than CyberHawk, which does not protect against physical memory violation). A gamer likes that (it seems agile too).

Regards K

3. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Only good experience
    I like the install mode (you can switch to install mode and every executable created by the installer is automatically trusted), light like a feather, had some filters that i never seen in another HIPS (like too many files writen or readed by a process).
    Even is a GUI that some people found ugly is functionnal but like on the author blogspot, NG needs some maintenance task to clean the database.

MaB

4. Kees1958

OEPS,

NeuavoGuard and DefenseWall Pro definitely do not like each other. I started firefox normally pressed the G-button (of GW) to run firefox non-isolated. Screen became green and I lost the key board. After re-boot screen stays green and key board does not respond. The log file of NG is emptyo_O Mab69 any suggestions?

NG is still a beta, nice concept, but I will wait on Beta 3 to do any more testing. It is a light agile ap (which my son likes as a gamer).

Regards K

5. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi Kees,

Didn't tried this combo, i use GeSWall instead DW and they work very nice together
    What version of DW do you use ? if it's a beta may be you can report this incompatibility to both Ilya Rabinovitch and Arman.

MaB

6. Kees1958

Sorry,

It was NG and GeSWall Pro (not DefenseWall), mistake. I saw in your sig that you use GeSWall also. I am using GeSWall 2.5, but I think NG gives the problem, because the key board is gone and the screen becomes green (blue turns into green, white becomes green)

Regards K

7. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi Kees,

In my sig you can see my main setup at home
    Here is my setup at work :

Trend Micro Officescan Corporate edition
    BOClean
    Neoava Guard Beta 2
    GeSWall 2.6 Beta 2 Pro

They are working well together and never had this kind of problem (i can nearly say no trouble at all) so i can't help you :(

Regards,

maB

8. JeffBuck

JeffBuck Registered Member

Does anyone use Neoava beta 2 with Bit Defender 8 free edition?
    I'm a Neoava user, but today, later on to a problem with ClamWin, I have replaced it with Bit Def free, and ... after reboot Bit defender was unable to start, and Neoava filter, although running, wasn't in traybar.
    After uninstalling Bit Defender all it is come back to normality.
    o_O

OT
    Does someone advise me for another antivirus light to scan only on-demand different from ClamWin & BitDef?

9. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Install Antivir without the Guard. Or try Dr. Web CureIt.

10. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi all,

May be you can switch BD8 services to manual start before rebooting after install
    DrWeb CureiT is the best "portable" AV

MaB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.