Anyone tried AppRemover??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by nikanthpromod, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

AppRemover is a free utility that enables users to remove antivirus and other applications as well as left over files from incomplete uninstallations. There's no more need to mess around with your registry.

Covers applications from McAfee, Norton, Symantec, Trend Micro and more.

http://www.appremover.com/

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have used it- seems to do what it claims.

3. OPSWAT

OPSWAT Registered Member

Hi there,
    I work for OPSWAT, the company that makes AppRemover. If anyone has any questions or feedback, I'd be happy to answer. I've been a lurker around here for a while, but this seemed like an opportune time to introduce myself.

We do a bunch of stuff related to security applications (aside from AppRemover). Take a look at our product pages if you get a chance. www.opswat.com

Cheers!

4. Jav

Jav Guest

First impression from opswat.

I like your www.filterbit.com

for those who don't know, it's like virustotal.

Thank you. (deserved place in my bookbarks :) )

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Hi OPSWAT.Are there plans to increase the scope of AppRemover to cover other troublesome products?

6. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

7. nikanthpromod

8. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

not hundreds but over a hundred (<150) yes

9. nikanthpromod

check that site , thats written in that site:p

10. OPSWAT

OPSWAT Registered Member

Absolutely. We have a monthly release schedule. Every month, we intend to add new products. Sometimes bug fixes get in the way or a customer has other requests that interfere. But we have a dedicated technical staff constantly enhancing the product.

What did you have in mind?

There is also a paid version being licensed by AVG, Continental Airlines and a few colleges/universities. But we are intent on keeping a free product available for home use. And the more it gets used the better it will become. AppRemover is very much a community-based product.

As for Filterbit, yes it's like virustotal. Just like AppRemover is a free demo of the AppRemover SDK, Filterbit is a demo of our multiple antivirus sdk solution Metascan. Metascan basically lets you build your own virustotal, if you like. Often used for scanning file upload servers and similar applications.
    -Jeremy

11. OPSWAT

OPSWAT Registered Member

The actual engineering specifics of the product are more complicated than this simple marketing guy can understand. However, I can say AppRemover is built from the ground up, using only info and methods that OPSWAT labs has generated.

As most of you know uninstallation is a completely vexing problem. So much so that AVG have actually licensed this as a support tool so they can reduce their own support issues. ESET are also promoting the tool.
    (see http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146&actp=LIST_POPULAR)

12. OPSWAT

OPSWAT Registered Member

Hi folks,
    Just wanted to note we've posted an update to the product (2.2.0.1) with enhanced support for a lot of applications. The release notes pretty much say it all.
    Always love to hear any feedback.

13. nikanthpromod

14. OPSWAT

OPSWAT Registered Member

We've just released an update to AppRemover.

As the release notes indicate this update fixes some of the GUI issues we had reported. Though, performance (mainly for AVG products) has also been improved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.