Anyone Surpassing MB & SAS?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DasFox, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

In terms of freeware and what Malwarebytes and SAS bring to the table, is there any competition that can compare?

I know the face of malware is constantly changing and I still remember a time when Adaware and Spybot where king, for now all I personally use are these two but I'm always wondering, searching and researching to find if there is another I should add to the arsenal...

My personal weapons:

Avira
    DefenseWall
    MB (Only used as on demand)
    SAS (Only used as on demand)

THANKS

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

The program that comes to mind is A-Squared.

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

a-squared would be hard pressed to beat either SAS or MBAM in cleaning infected systems. With Ikararus AV on board, a2 should have much better and wider ranging detection.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

In cleaning infestations i give SAS the top prize, in detections, and i'm going to be a bit bias here, Avira 9 & NOD32 excell in detections from my studies of the junk i have which includes a bunch of Conficker crap and various new malware & viruses. They (AV's) sniff out like a bloodhound many of my samples SAS passes, but together they are still a worthy combo to have both on hand IMO.

I don't know enough about MBAM yet to make any determinations worthy of comment either way.

5. progress

progress Guest

I agree :thumb:

6. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

a-squared free, and the free a-squared web scanner, give great detection and removal.

The full version, with the mamutu/behaviour element = top product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.