Anyone successful?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DirtyDawg, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyDawg

DirtyDawg Registered Member

I'm just curious as to whether anyone has successfully installed/used TI 11 home with Vista 64bit? I ask this because I see on my Vista 64b system that there are plenty of x86 programs installed and running ok as far as I can tell. I'm very interested in continuing to use TI as a backup option, but am a little leary of using it on Vista 64b at this time.

Anyone??

Thanks for your time.

2. DirtyDawg

Wow, 73 views and not one reply. :eek:
    Sheesh!

3. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

Well, that might mean that nobody who has read the thread uses Vista 64 bit (the title of your post makes no mention of it), or anyone who does hasn't gotten TI 11 to work.
    Ambiguously titled threads will always get viewed by many just looking to see what the tread is about.

4. DirtyDawg

Re: Is it pointless to install on a 64 bit system?

You make a good point. :D I'll try to be more specific in my title next time. So am I correct in assuming that it would be pointless to upgrade and install TI 11 Home on a 64 bit system? Thank you for your time.

5. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

For the life of me, I can't see how you get to that point from no information at all. It's possible you would be the first to try, and that it may work well. It is more likely that if you reposted as advised you would get some useful information.

You can only make good decisions from good information, not from no information.

I use 32 bit Vista, so I can't directly answer your question, but it is true that Acronis does not need to be installed at all to make backups and restores, and that the operating system on the machine then becomes moot, as it is the Acronis version of Linux that is running from the bootable CD.

In any event, good luck.

6. Zeke77

Zeke77 Registered Member

It works fine for my Vista 64 machine with a Raid 0 setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.