Anyone still using Windows 7?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sportsfan7700, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tadoussac

Tadoussac Registered Member

Most of this Win7 : Win8 discussion has focused on Microsoft vs. User preferences. I believe there is a 3rd element driving this - and that is the hardware manufacturers.

I recently spent some time browsing thru one of the National chain electronics stores. The market penetration of tablets and now touchscreen laptops is huge. Those who plan to replace a mobile system down the road will be steered to a device with a touchscreen.

As much as I like Win7, the combined efforts of MS and the hardware manufacturers will push us into Win8.1 or Win9 sooner than we hoped for.

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Windows 7 is still available on new machines from Dell (and possibly others, just haven't checked). I make my customers aware of this and they simply order online - problem solved.

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

I try both system on same old hardware .. i switch than to win 8 since if all are the same why not using the new os?

cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.