Anyone Still Using Kingsoft AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DrBenGolfing, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrBenGolfing

DrBenGolfing Registered Member

Are there any Kingsoft AV users still around? If yes, are they still sending out definitions and updates? Their blogs are full of spam now. They used to post on Wilders but it seems quite a lengthy period since we've heard from them.
  2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I had compatibility issues with Avast, so I chose what's proven to work for me.
  3. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Yes, they still send out updates 4-5 times a day, and they are all labeled 2013. Not sure what's going on with it, but at least it's not totally dead.
  4. DrBenGolfing

DrBenGolfing Registered Member

OK, thanks. May be morphing.
  5. Tarantula

Tarantula Registered Member

I'm using it. It's fine. No problems, as usual.
  6. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

It still has the same FP: it detects Comodo Killswitch as malicious from December 2012. I reported it several times. Can't they consider reported FP for 3 months?
  7. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I'm sure we'll see some activity over the next month or so. Especially with Baidu partnering with them.
  8. RejZoR

RejZoR Polymorphic Sheep

I don't like it when a company and all its representatives just drop off the face of the Earth...
  9. Solarlynx

Hopefully they won't abandon it. I like it very much.
  10. Solarlynx

Yep, a good example of leaving is Bugbopper. They informed about stopping the product in advance.
  11. spywar

spywar Registered Member

12. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

Just use Baidu.
  13. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

I'm using Kingsoft with my XP PC - doesn't work on Windows 8 PC - shuts down Windows Defender. No problems on XP with MSE tho - updates regularly and monitors well.
  14. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Do you mean to say that it doesn't work on Windows 8 because it shuts down Windows Defender? Because my experience so far has been that Windows disables it as soon as something else registers with the Action Center, and getting it to enable WD again requires finding a way to unregister it.
  15. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

You are correct - my point which I didn't state properly, was, I can't run Windows Defender AND Kingsoft on Windows 8 because MS shuts WD down when I install Kingsoft. This doesn't happen with MSE on Windows XP and 7.
  16. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Yeah, Windows 8 seems to be a little more "proactive" in this; likely because it's built-in and a full AV (or close to it), so they aggressively try to pre-empt conflicts. I can just imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth that would ensue if "MS stopped my AV from working, forcing me to use theirs!!!"

You might look through the Kingsoft settings and see if there's a setting for registering/reporting to the Action Center that you can disable. I'm sure there's also a way that you could manually disable, but it might be more worth it to install another AV.
  17. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

That is an overstatement.
  18. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I never did use the AV, but in one snapshot I am still using Kingsoft PC doctor which hasn't upgraded in a while, but I still find it useful on my XP system.

ScreenShot_KPCD_still using_01.jpg
  19. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

I am still using kingsoft and so are a bunch of my clients. It is still updating every day
    I am waiting for when it stops updating or they come alive again before I uninstall it. I really like the program. I wish they would just tell us if it is dead or alive
  20. spywar

spywar Registered Member

It will never stop updating .... The local AV engine is based in China and you have the same version as the Asians users and that's the same with the cloud it's the same as the Chinese one ... Only thing that can stop is the product update.
  21. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

22. spywar

spywar Registered Member

23. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

24. RejZoR

RejZoR Polymorphic Sheep

On what level? Their forums are full of spam and no one has made any responses since New Year, no one from kingsoft has responded here on Wilders from the same period. It's horrible and a very bad way of running any kind of business.
  25. Tarantula

Tarantula Registered Member

Switched to Avast! free.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.