Anyone recommend an antispam program to complement nod on exchange server?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by slyder, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slyder

slyder Registered Member

Hi,

We have put nod32 enterprise + nod32 mail server onto a clients network, but they would also like anti spam proection.

Our previous installs were sophos enterprise edition, and we used sophos puremessage for the spam side of things.
    Can anyone recommend a good exchange 2003 anti spam program to complement nod32?

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    http://www.cloudmark.com/

Many many thumbs up reviews, they have stand alone versions for desktops, and full server products for Exchange also.

Don't forget the IMF once you've done SP2 for Exchange

And run microsoft updates for the Outlook 2003 clients..which adds monthly updates to Outlooks junk mail filters.

3. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

ESET are bringing out NOD32 v3.0 this year which will consist of a complete security suite; Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and a Firewall. No one knows of an exact date just yet but I spoke with ESET yesterday who reckoned it would be released near the end of the year.

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Spam Fighter for free works fairly well until Nod gets their suite out.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Anti spam components in suites are traditionally poor performers. I hope Eset will break the trend.

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Personally, I think the filters and settings in Microsoft Office, work just as good. They do make a few things right. Eset has to add more, but not consider itself a suite. Suites were the do all, but crappy solutions to folks like me who didnt know better. My first was CA. Everyone wanted antivirus, firewall, antispam and most of all, parental controls. The latter being a thing of the past with private free applications that work well. I agree, antispam is not a requirement. To me is a product that gives you the 3 areas that are a must. Firewall, AV and antispyware. This is all that will be really required for the future. Antivir is including antispam soon. I find all of this a waste of resources. That is why KIS 6 is the best, right now. Whoever concentrates on the big 3 for the future, will be the winner.

7. DanHonemann

DanHonemann Registered Member

I agree with trjam: I hope that Eset will always offer a simple, streamlined version of NOD32 for AV only, even if it does come out with a suite. I don't need anti-spam and already have a good firewall (I use ZoneAlarm Free) and anti-spyware (ewido, among others I run manually).

My fear is that the swiss-army knife method will only create bloatware with a large running footprint (ala McAfee, Symantec and others). I know Eset is a much smarter company than that, but I like my lean & mean NOD32 the way it is now!

Dan

8. covaro

covaro Registered Member

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

GFI Mail Essentials is another alternative.

Cheers :D

10. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    A spinoff of that....build a linux router that has transparent proxy features.
    Example..IPCop..with the Copfilter add-on which includes ClamAV and SpamAssasin.
    Or another distro that has it all...Endian. :thumb:

11. Xcurt

Xcurt Registered Member

It is of course a misunderstanding to recommend the free version of SPAMfighter to be used with a server.

The very professionel versions for servers are called:

SPAMfighter Exchange Module (SEM)
    and
    SPAMfighter SMTP Anti Spam Server
    and
    SPAMfighter Hosted Spam Filter

and you can have them bundled as one solution.

Try 30 days for free: http://www.spamfighter.com/
    and supply with SPYWAREfighter.

12. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Another vote for GFI mail essentials. I have it installed on all my Exchange server sites. You can download a free trial too. http://www.gfi.com/mes/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.