Anyone knows about YAK pc cleaner?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by taleblou, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

I found this utility that looks similar to baidu pc faster but looks like a kingsoft-baid utility types with antimalware protection and other tools and FREE.

So anyone know if it is any good and reommend it or not? Thanks ina dvance for your reply.

here is the link for yak and info:

http://www.yac.mx/

2. taleblou

Althought VT reports the file safe:

~ Removed VirusTotal Results as per Policy ~

Also its digitaly signed with many signer incl. symantec, still some people say its a badware. So I am confused and would like your inside on this.

Its facebook shows 120000 people using it and alot of positive posts thereo_O??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

It looks perfectly safe to use, it does not report hundreds of false entries to persuade you to use it. On my cleaned PC, it showed almost nothing.
    Its startup manager includes everything, even tasks that CCleaner missed, but then again, those are quite sensitive tasks to show to common users.
    It even found some search conduit adware in my IE, so I guess, that it is not that bad, but it tries to participate in all categories and that is its fail.
    Some people removed something, they should not or installed crap using its app store application and obviously blame the software. But they are not so clearly marked as unsafe.
    Some of its claims are way too overrated like: "YAC will detect all viruses hidden deeply in your computer and eliminate them within a minute!" "Make all viruses no place to hide."
    It uninstalled properly, removing the whole Program Files's folder, but it left some log files and settings in user profile, it also backups all changes, so you can restore them later.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  5. taleblou

Thanks for the test. So do you recommend using it or not?

6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Short: No. Long: I was actually testing it to see, if I would use it, but since I prefer to use the best, I consider it to be an average cleaner or a little bellow average.
    Maybe in a few years, it will become great like some other popular cleaners, I personally like SlimWare Utilities and somewhat Glary Utilities. Yak is just well yak. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.