Anyone know?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by MRSCT, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I have McAfee anti-spyware. The computer said that there was an update. When I downloaded it and tried to use it, it said unable to properly initialize scanning engine o_O

It says to reinstall it. Do I need the program disk? I downloaded when I bought it and have no program disk. If this question is not making any sense, just let me know. :)

Thanks
    MRSCT

2. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Hi MRSCT. If you downloaded Mcafee anti-spyware from mcafee. You can redownload it by logging in with your user name and password. Here's the link.http://us.mcafee.com/?wt.mc.n=us_us_learnmore_home&wt.mc_t=int_pro_hom&cid=10348

Attached Files:

3. Mr2cents

Mr2cents Registered Member

Once you are logged in using your username and password. You will be given the option to redownload at no charge. You don't need the disk. See screenshot.Sorry for making 2 posts :rolleyes: If you've forgotten your username and password, it should be in the confirmation email that mcafee sent you when you purchased the product. Along with any other info..Such as order number, confirmation number. Etc

Attached Files:

4. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I went through all those steps, but I have a download option for virus scan and not for anti-spyware.

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

MRSCT,

Sounds like a direct contact to McAfee customer service might be the best recourse here. I'd have any purchase information available with me before the call or chat session. Since you account is only showing VirusScan, there could be a problem on McAfee's end, or perhaps the account login name associated with your copy of ASW is little different than intended - minor typo, letter transposition, that type of thing - and it wasn't caught.

A similar event started me burning downloads on CD every few months to preserve the original install files, along with a spreadsheet containing any activation key codes and order information from my on-line purchases.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.