Anyone know what proxyspd.dll is?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Ex_Brit, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit Registered Member

I wonder if this is part of SWB?

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Ex_Brit,

This .dll seems to be related to a BHO (Browser Helper Object) from what I could see in a HJT log I found with a google search, though there wasn't much information on it at all.

(from a HJT log I found that contained the proxyspd.dll)
    O2 - BHO: Proxy Connection support DLL - {1DC9D850-044D-11E1-B3C9-00805E499D93} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\proxyspd.dll

It isn't related to SpywareBlaster though, as SpywareBlaster does not install any BHO's.

Can you navigate to the proxyspd.dll file and right-click on it, choose Properties, and see if there is any information there that might help identify it?

What other anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc., programs are you using? And have you done any scans with them where anything was flagged as infected?

Regards,

snap

3. Ex_Brit

After a lengthy process of elimination; search, scanning using Adaware SE, CWShredder, TrojanRemover and McAfee Viruscan, system restore, uninstall/reinstallation of Java Runtime etc. etc. (and not necessarily in that order!) I seem to have eliminated it completely.

Thanks, I was just checking the possibilities.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

I'm glad you've been able to solve your question, Ex_Brit. It would have been nice to know what program it was related to, or how it came into your system as that would help us to determine if it was a legitimate file, or a malware file.

If you did find any information on the file (BHO) while doing the scans, that you think might be useful to other's who may ask about the dll, it would be appreciated if you could post what you found, if anything.

Either way, I am glad you could resolve the problem. :)

Regards,

snap

5. Ex_Brit

I don't know what it was because I couldn't find it on my system. McAfee Viruscan said it had deleted it, unfortunately that led to other problems and I had to do various operations as above. I found it very strange that I got it the minute I sent a receipt to an email (legit) requesting same after having just booted up for the day. Quite honestly I think it was a false alarm.

My WinPatrol couldn't figure it out either...so the mystery remains.
    P.S. Why aren't I getting email notifications from this board?? My settings are OK.

6. Ex_Brit

:rolleyes: Oops...re: email notification...I had it set to "Daily" notification. Emergency over!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.