anyone know of a way to update nis2010 manually?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

only a couple systems i have received the 17.5 update can i somehow take the files from these and use them to update the other systems?? or is there a way to download the update and do this manually??

2. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Maybe at this link: Click

or perhaps here: Click

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

May I ask: what is the motivation for not wanting to use LiveUpdate to update your other systems?

One possibility to consider: you could check to see if the most recent trial version of Norton Internet Security 2010 is version 17.5 and, if so, (a) uninstall the existing version 17.1 of the application, (b) install the trial software, and then (c) activate it by entering your serial number.

P.S.: I have not yet received the push of version 17.5 -- still waiting for it to arrive....

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

well one issue is i had to format and reinstall one system and after reinstalling nis2010 i am now stuck with the oldest version and it says its up to date. 17.0

5. 3GUSER

3GUSER Registered Member

17.5 is a new version and is still not released for the masses.Additionally, as a new version it won't be released immediately as an installer until Symantec ensures that version of Norton 2010 (17.5) is safe to safe-install.

No matter what version of NIS 2010 you have,you could use Intelligent Update from Symantec to update the most important - the malware signature update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.