Anyone here use Ace Utilities?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Birdman, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Any opinions/reviews on this software by Acelogix software?

How does it stack up to Glary Utilities, JV16 Power Tools and Tune-Up Utilities?

It has high review ratings in many of the software downloading sites.

I tried the SEARCH feature but it came up dry.

Thanks.

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have used the Acelogix System TuneUp program for a few years. The development seems slower than most other programs but I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. Also, when I purchased I was told the license is lifetime (just upgraded to version 3 with no issues) and I could use the same license on any computer in my home. So I have it on my laptop too. If you are migrating from another paid product they used to offer a discount. And their support has always been responsive. I would rate it as good as any other tune up program- better than any other "general" cleaner in regard to cleaning my registry when issues arise (minus some specific registry editors)- except it has not become bloated with features which I like. I would recommend it.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have used AU since I bought a license on 11/14/2003. I have always cleaned exactly what AU told me to clean. I have never had an issue because of AU, & it has kept my computer clean & zippy for over 6 years.

AU has upgraded several times over the years at no extra charge beyond the initial license fee.

I can't compare AU to any other similar paid-cleaner because I haven't used any of them. I DO use CCleaner (it's free) because it is a tad more aggressive than AU on cleaning "Junk Files".

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I bought a lifetime license quite a few years ago and it has been safe and trustworthy for me.

The only comparison I can make is with WinUtilities Pro.
    I find WinUtilities Pro to be more aggressive on registry cleaning in particular.

5. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Same general comments for me, been using it for longer than I can remember and never had a problem with it. Upgrades are as noted free and again no problems there (I had to ask for new unlock key when I got a new PC and I had to reinstall/set-up all my programs etc. Response time was excellent.

Recommended (but I guess you figured that would be the case eh!)

6. Skytrooper

Skytrooper Registered Member

I've used Ace Utilities for several years. It's always been safe and effective. Upgrades are free (except when going from a 32-bit to 64-bit PC) and you're allowed to use the same license key on multiple PCs at home.

The newest version of Ace Utilities was just released: v5.2.0 build 470.

7. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

I am in the process of trying to retrieve my license ( new machine, forgot to note the number).

On the downside, I browsed their forum and you have to pay to upgrade to use the version that works with Win7 64.

So much for the lifetime license (although they offer 50% off to upgrade)

8. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive used ace for years and prefer it to those you mentioned.I find tuneup to bloated with too many superflous functions that other apps do better.Jv16 is ok but i find the gui terrible and awkward to use.I actually prefered the old regcleaner gui and functions before it became jv16 powertools.Glarys ok but i always have a doubt about a program that claims its 64bit but installs in x86 program folders.I know its comapatible but i always prefer 64 bit progs to install in the proper program folder.I do prefer glarys one click maintainace though ,as it giives option to auto delete or to look to review the entries before deletion.Ace utilities one click auto deletes without the user being able to review the entries ,but i guess thats what one click mainteneance means.You can get around this by using system tuneup from ace logix site.This is basically ace utilities but the one click manintenace feature there allows you to review the entries for deletion.The licence for ace utilities also works with system tune up so thats a bonus.As i say i personally always end up going back to ace utilities.I can honestly say ive never had one problem with it,and the authour also frequents the forum and support is second to none.
    ellison

9. squid13

squid13 Registered Member

I've been using ace utilities since January,2004 and have never had a problem with it. I clean what it tells me to and it has never failed me. I updated to the 64 bit version when I got Window's 7 and it has been rock solid. It's not bloated like allot of them and that's what I like about it. It gets the job done, I also use Crap Cleaner. You pay once and it's life time.

10. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

How's the REGISTRY CLEANER in Ace Utilities? Is it safe?

I just ran a scan on my Win 7 x64 system (about 2 months old) and it found a bunch of entries. I'm hesitant on deleting anything, fearful it might screw something up.

Update: here are some of the entries.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      179.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      114.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      183 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      231.4 KB
      Views:
  11. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

You might be interested to know that Ace will enable you to restore any deleted reg entries if you feel you want to do so. It automatically backs up the reg before it deletes them (or is it just the entries it deletes?) either way, if you are unhappy after running the reg cleaner simply undo it.

Of course you can also take an image of the drive before you run the cleaner and use it to restore if need be.

That being said I have never had to do this and I use Ace monthly and have done so for probably in excess of 5 years with not a single problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.