Anyone heard of mks_vir 2004?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tazdevl, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hackerwatcher

Hackerwatcher Registered Member

Do you know of any well known organizations like the virus bulletin site that has tested this program? Or do you know of any review sites that you trust?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what AV program do you use for yourself? And do you use it as your sole AV, or do you use an additional AV program as a backup on-demand scanner?

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2004
  2. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlueZannetti
    Just a couple of additional observations on mks_vir 2004....

2. In a fully loaded configuration (real time monitor with e-mail scanning, etc.) mks_vir has 4 running processes (mks_menu, mks_scan, mksmonsv, netmonsv). Total memory used is about 40 MB on my system. So it's not necessarily light in RAM usage. This shouldn't be a problem on most machines

How much RAM does NOD32 use?

Even with the amount of ram that MKS uses, you will not even notice it when running apps. My comp is very robust in all applications. I trialed nod32 and uninstalled after trial and purchased MKS and am very glad I did.

3. sard

sard Registered Member

NOD32 uses about 12MB I'm not that bothered about MKS's mem usage but I don't understand why disabling the mail scanner doesn't reduce it.

4. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

NOD32 uses about 12MB I'm not that bothered about MKS's mem usage but I don't understand why disabling the mail scanner doesn't reduce it.

Yes I have wondered about that too. And one member posted about the fact that someone may want to use MKS as a BU scanner only and why does it continue to run so much in memory.
    I am hoping that MKS 2005 will have some of these issues resolved.
    But I am still very satisfied with ability, ease of use and compatibility on my comp. Still it has some room for improvement.

5. larouse

larouse Registered Member

Anyone know if MKS must be Configurable update by hours ? Same at KAV ?

How can do this configuration ?

Thank's

6. sard

sard Registered Member

If you hover your mouse cursor over the MKS system tray icon it will tell you when it lasted check for updates, and it seems to do this automatically every hour without any setting being changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.