Anyone having trouble with Yahoo mail rendering in Firefox?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

All of the icons are missing replaced with little rectangular boxes. I don't think it was Windows update alone as there was some kind of changes in Yahoo mail. Hate it when the web mails keep trying to outdo each other!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Yahoo mail has changed completely, I have the latest FF version and it renders just fine

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      236.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

If I choose "Basic" it renders fine. But when I go back it's at "Full Features" again even though I've clicked Save. ugh!

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I think Yahoo! are shagging with their own pages a bit. I can get to my mail, but my My Yahoo! page has some changes. I have two Yahoo! accounts: a paid one with my ISP & a free one. My free My Yahoo! page which had remained virtually unchanged for years has been transmogrified into some ghastly 'tablet-friendly' monstrosity which won't even load for me. :mad:

5. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'm not digging the new layout, and it doesn't play nicely with hardened setups that disable scripting, block cookie storage, etc. Also, I'm not happy with this shift by companies towards flat, techno/vivid colored elements. It's interesting that companies have started down this path, but yet no live tile adoption. The live tile is probably the only thing pushed forward that I'm not opposed to. It would be neat to view yahoo news from a glance without having to click a link and load a video. Maybe a auto-play when my mouse hovers over a tile or something.

6. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

I liked my theme, now I need to choose another. Oh Well!

I like this interface, still need to give it work out to judge it fully.

To answer ratchet's question, site renders OK for me with Firefox (Latest on Slackware Linux). I do see boxes on the subject listing, but these are selection boxs for each messages. All the icons are in place as they should be.

7. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.