Anyone having this much trouble

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by guest, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Versions 3.0.642 and 3.0.650 PC seems to hang when going into standby mode, only way to get out of it is to hit the reset button. Versions 3.0.667 and 3.0.669 BSOD when logging on. Been in contact with support about the BSOD and uploaded a DUMP file, that was about 3 weeks ago, not heard anything back.

Thats the only 4 version i have saved to disk, anyone know where i can download earlier version to try?.

Currently running without Smart Security Installed and have noticed that boot and login times are alot faster. Logging on would take 1-2 mins with Smart Security installed and about 10-20 seconds not installed.

Vista 64bit
    4GB RAM

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello guest,

Have you looked through the Vista Event Viewer logs for any error messages?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please let me know who did you exactly contact? Do you have an open ticket with Eset, llc (www.eset.com) or with a local distributor/reseller?

4. guest

guest Guest

Got a reply back from Support, still investigating the BSOD problem.

Added hiberfil.sys to Exclusions list. Turned off Hybrid sleep, hangs going into sleep or hibernation mode. Deleted hiberfil.sys and enabled it using powercfg.exe. Uninstalled ESET SS deleted eset folders installed again, did this with 3.0.642 and 3.0.650. Still no joy. Nothing in Event Log to indicate standby problem. Removed ESET SS and no problems with standby.

5. guest

guest Guest

Its been almost a month now that i had to run my computer without ESET Smart Security installed. Installed it a few times to see if i could fix it but no joy. Forgot to mention with 3.0.642 and 3.0.650 i was also having issues shutting down, even left it over night for 7 hours and it was still stuck in the Shutting down screen.

Tried using Windows Performance Tools Kit but with no luck.
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/perftools.mspx

6. Marcos

Did you send the dump to ESET's customer care in the US? I'd be interested in getting it so that I could pass it to our developers for commenting.

7. guest

guest Guest

The dump was uploaded to a UK ftp server. Its UK support ive been dealing with. I f you want i could install Smart Security again and produce more dump files.

8. Marcos

I have inquired a guy from the UK support about your case. When we get the dump, our developers will have a look at it and hopefully will find some information that will clarify why the problem occurs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.