Anyone have uninstaller

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dean2900, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dean2900

dean2900 Registered Member

Hi All,

I have a client who has Eset Smart Security Suite 4 and it locks up during the install.

I traced the error messages and came back to this forum with the procedure to manually delete the install and retry.

I tried this procedure but it did not work and still locks up during the install.

Does anyone have the uninstaller for it they can post? I did just open a case with Eset and requested the uninstaller. I do not know how long it takes their support.

The system is a 1 year old Latitude with XP PRO SP3 and a pretty standard configuration.

Thanks,
    Dean

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Article no longer found.

4. dean2900

5. dean2900

I get an error saying the article does not exist. It says you may need to login but I dont see an option to login anywhere.

Dean

6. dean2900

I have to ask but is the Eset support really this bad? I opened a case over 12 hours ago and no response other than the initial automated email.

I have purchased about 30 or so copies of Eset for my clients who are spread out and only VPN into a server and are not part of a domain. I have found it to be better than most other stand a lone products.

However, I have found virtuallly no support outside of this forum and the V4 of Eset Security Suite has had a lot more problems than Version 3.

Thie thing that really bothers me is the partial installs that seem to happen more commonly on version 4 and there is no uninstall option but the firewall partially works but no antivirus.

Dont get me wrong, I do like the software overall but I feel the uninstaller should be more readily avaible.

Dean

7. pinjoa

pinjoa Registered Member

8. The PIT

The uninstall instructions aren't complete there are a lot more entries in the registry you may have to delete depending on where and how the install/uninstall broke.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are right . BUT ... to be honest these are the most important and problematic . The instructrions are written so that if the above mentioned entries are eliminated , the next installation/reinstallation of the product would fix them.

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

12. The PIT

Sadly not true I had a borked uninstall which meant I couldn't install. There wasn't add remove options the windows installer cleanup util didn't list eset.

Tried those steps and it still refused to install. Some time later after a lot of registry permission changing and deleting I got it too install.

Also the uninstaller isn't on the page that you say it is. It does need to made fully available. Norton and Mcafee do it so why not eseto_O

13. dean2900

Here is the alternate Link I was sent from Eset Support for the uninstaller:

~Link removed. See the TOS.~

It looks like you have to register for this site which I have not done yet but wanted to post it.

Dean

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2009
  14. dean2900

First off, I didnt know I was breaking the TOS by supplying the link to the uninstaller. IT seems kind of funny since the Eset site lists uninstallers for every other Antivirus out there..

I have to tell you folks that I am done with Eset Security since version 4 has caused too many issues.

First off, the majority of my clients run Corporate versions of Trend Micros, Sophos, and sometimes unfortunately SAV.

I have a client that has about 30 some users with computers all across the US/Canada/Mexico and in the Carribbean. They just VPN into a server and are ot members of the domain.

At first they were using a variety of antivirus software (mainly McAfee and Norton). We ran into too many issues such as problems uninstalling and it shutting down ports, etc.

Eset took up much less resourcles and seemed to behave pretty well and had fewer problems.

I have purchased 5 licenses for Eset 4 and 3 of the users have had problems. Keep in mind I cannot remote in and reboot in safe mode and do the removal process.

This is only my opinion and my experience but Eset is becoming like McAfee and Norton with Uninstall problems/partial install and no removal.

The part that bothers me the most is it takes 48 hours during the week to get a response and that they do not put the uninstaller on the website for their clients to use to uninstall.

I am moving the current client over to Trend Micro.

Dean

15. The PIT

Yes a very strange attitude by eset. I cant see any reason why it isn't available as a download for anyone who's purchased the software.

16. dean2900

I will say that there have been people from this forum that gave me great support with Eset in the past and I do appreciate it.

Maybe I am confused and am thnking of another company but with Eset Security Suite 3, I thought the company had stated that they wanted a smaller more efficient client that did not hog resources and become another Norton or McAfee.

It just seems ironic to me that they are very much like those companies now with version 4 of Eset Security Suite.

I would also recommend that people do not decide against Eset based on my comments and others like it. There are a lot of variables and it could have been just bad luck.

Howevver, I will stick with my statement that Eset needs to keep the installer and instructions on a public part of their website. They should put a disclaimer stating "If you are not confortable making registry changes, working in safe mode, and working with system files then you should not attempt this."

Maube Eset Secuirty Suite 5 will be better than Trend Micro next year. I will reevaluate the product then.

Dean

17. kennethtb

kennethtb Registered Member

Have a look at the Kaspersky Forum it has a very useful sticky with advice and links to many uninstallers as to clean your machine prior to installing your favorite Antivirus is considered essential. In following such advice one could avoid many of the problems that I read here! Its just a real pity that Eset does not take part. [/QUOTE]

18. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Not much more to say but yep!:thumbd:

19. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The initial draft of the knowledgebase article for using the ESET Uninstaller program was inadvertently published (released to the public) when a technical writer was uploading the article into the knowledgebase management system for further editing (indexing, linking to other articles as appropriate, review by other team members and so forth).

I understand that there is a lot of interest in this document, and the tech writers are working. As soon as the article is fully validated it will appear in the public knowledgebase. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

20. Thai

Thai Registered Member

I too had a problem uninstalling ESS.

I downloaded msicuu2.exe from Microsoft - which provides Windows Install Cleanup.

Eliminating the installer from ESS solved the problem of not being able to install another version of ESET.

Now using NOD32 V 4 + Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro.

21. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

22. kennethtb

kennethtb Registered Member

23. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I think that ESET company has again gone too far , writing things which are not exactly true (not 100% true).

First ,
    This is not true . I have done numerous uninstallations/installations of the products (so have anybody here) and there is nothing wrong in using this standart MS-Windows procedure for uninstalling a programs . Writing Never and making it in red is too much , don't you think ? Perhaps "We recommend" will be way better .

Second , the uninstaller itself and what is says . "Your PC can be harmed seriously" . Well , isn't this again too much . You have created the utilitity and it is not supposed to be malicious so that it seriously harms a machine. The fact that it could seriously harms a computer would make some people think that ESET is like Symantec (previous years) with obtrusive version which cannot be removed (at least easily) .

ESET , consider changing the wording ... a bit . PLEASE!

24. trencan

trencan Eset Staff

Regarding using of ESET Uninstaller, you should consider fact that it directly modifies registry. It's functionality is not based on any MS recommendations, there is no MS documentation for it's functionality.

25. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello ASpace,

Thank you for the feedback. We meant to use the warning template as used in our 3.0 uninstall Knowledgebase article. We have made the correction.

Cheers,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.