anyone have any problems with kaspersky free trial AV download?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jrx10, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrx10

jrx10 Registered Member

I'm getting ready to drop a bloated AV and I was going to try kaspersky for a couple of weeks. when I connected to the link on their website to download their 30 day free trial, it came up "save file to" after giving them my e-mail, and I was just getting ready to create a folder and all of a sudden my HD started going nuts--- according to my FW activity monitor a lot of info 1s and 0s were going out, but only a few comming in, until I disconnected, and I hadn't even chosen a folder to download KAV to. I blocked the address to their download server ( 65.23.154.32--datarealm internet services henderson NV is what whois brings up ) and then tried the kaspersky link again just to make sure, and it wouldn't connect. I opened up the inbound but kept the outbound to this address blocked and it still wouldn't connect to the download from the kaspersky link. I've never seen information transfer before you choose a folder to start a download, much less a heck-of-a-lot more going out than in. is this the norm for kaspersky? [​IMG]kaspersky AV trial download

2. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

so you think they are what, trying to hack you, trying to access your pc?
    thats BS.

3. jrx10

jrx10 Registered Member

I would hope so. I was just starting to make a folder under shared docs, as I'm in the user window and not an administrator's, and my HD started spinning like crazy. I immediately brought up my activity monitor to see what was going on, and the previously listed 'net address was where all the activity was comming from (to). I wasn't even sure this address was their download site until I blocked that address and tried to access the link again, and the link on their site wouldn't load with that address blocked (so I'm guessing that was the link address but I don't know for sure). I've never had this happen before when downloading, that's why I asked the question. I would appreciate if some else could check their link and see if they get the same result. thx. I'll open up wireshark from the admins console, so I can access it from the users window, before I try the download later.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  4. dawgg

dawgg Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.