anyone has tries bit defender standard

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sharon_m, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharon_m

sharon_m Guest

is it good on system resources and memory

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

BitDefender is very good at detection, and it caused a slight slowdown on my PC (but I tried the Pro edition with all the extra features). :)

3. StU

StU Registered Member

I use BitDefender Standard just for 2 years on two different systems under Windows XP.
    Even on the system with only 256 MB RAM and an AMD Athlon XP+ @ 2 GHz, it runs without any slowdowns. My other system has an AMD Athlon XP+ @ 2,8 GHz with 1024 MB RAM and the performance is great too. :D

When I look at the taskmanager-window I see about 30 MB RAM in use of the 5 processes that BitDefender runs, but for the performance it seems that it doesn't matter.

I think it depends a little on the system-configuration and maybe the chipset.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  4. amb7247

amb7247 Guest

agree, does a great job at detection and removal.

5. doug6949

doug6949 Registered Member

I installed it on an older computer (W2K, 500Mhz, 128Mb) a few months back. Performance was definitely affected, but that is to be expected with such an old machine.

I was, however, impressed with the software. It's a good choice for newer equipment.

6. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

I agree with the others' comments. BD-Standard has excellent detection, updates very often, and I suspect is not too "heavy" on most systems. {On my XP-SP2 system, the three processes "bdmcon.exe, bdnagent.exe, bdss.exe" are using a total of about 20-Megs RAM working-set at the moment. I have 1-Gig RAM on this box so that is no sweat at all.} BD-8 does cause noticeable slowdown when I enable the realtime monitor {RTM} so I keep it as a manual on-demand scanner as I do KAV 4.5. The RTM slowdown may just be a quirk for my system, I dunno. {NAV 2005 is my active RTM}. Hope that helps .. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.