Anyone ever read the posts???

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by wolfie_the_real1, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfie_the_real1

wolfie_the_real1 Registered Member

Does anyone have access to the makers of Javacool software ? Can or do the moderators have any contact with them? If so please inform them that a bogus anti-spyware has stolen there name for SpywareGuard and this can be found by doing a Yahoo search , it has by the usual illegal means promoted itself to the number 1 spot on the search results , I would suggest that someone contact them and also Yahoo (aka Yapoo) and either prosecute the said company and ask that dumb lot at Yapoo to remove the crap , as the site hides its true identity and is obviously trying to cash in on the SpywareGuard name , hope someones listening ffs.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

What link in particular are you seeing? Can you take a screenshot and post it here?

When I do a search for "spywareguard" in Yahoo, the first result is the correct page: http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html

Best regards and thanks,

-Javacool

3. Get

Get Guest

Most likely candidate (URL= hxxp://www.spywareguard.com/) , because of the url, although they "wisely" call the software itself Anti-Spyware Guard.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2007
  4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I hope you won't mind, Get, but I disabled the link in your post above.

I figure there's no need to give them any ranking boosts in search engines by linking to that site from here. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. Get

Get Guest

Ah yes, thought about it and forgot it, so no I don't mind. :)

6. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Registered Member

While I don't use Spywareguard, I do use Spyware Blaster from you guys, Javacool. I am curious about this. What can you do about this? Keep us posted. Thanks.

7. wolfie_the_real1

hxxp://www.spywareguard.com/It has been removed from yahoo but is still being touted on google ( so no change at google then , still promoting crap lol ), it has however been removed from yahoo (after several emails to those dozy lot), my attention was drawn to this when spyware doctor from pc tools detected your spyware guard as a rogue/bogus anti spyware program after several emails they corrected there dat file , in the mean time i did a search and found it at the top of yapoo's search engine , which just goes to show how easily you can manipulate there or anyone's search engine with a few 1000 botnet pc's , (unless they have found another way of getting to the number 1 spot ), anyway its still on google so go sue them lol , please remove or blank out url javacool as we dont want these cowboys stealing anyones hard earned $'s or £'s .
    PS:- Get was correct about the url but it is touting itself as SpywareGuard which is identical in its spelling to your program . Once again javacool please alter the link once you have viewed it thankyou.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  8. wolfie_the_real1

To bloody funny its back on yapoo search engine , i personally haven't downloaded it and dont want to , i usually do just to see what b/s spyware it finds besides what they put on , can't be assed at the moment might just run it on a clean pc , just to see what it apparently finds , any good or honest anti-spyware is usually available from reliable sources like cnet/majorgeeks/softpedia/hippo files etc not some search engine to funny unless your a novice who starts to panic at the sight of flashing pop ups and bloody beeps etc , surely the name SpywareGuard has a copyright on it o_O

9. wolfie_the_real1

Extract from yapoo email too funny :- Thank you for writing to Yahoo! Search.

Thank you for informing us about possible abuse within Yahoo! Search
    results. We will investigate the results you have reported. Please know

that Yahoo! is working on ways to improve the quality of our Search
    results.

Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Search.

Regards,

Theo
    :rolleyes: Its so obvious its a rogue as it has no contact info , its hiding its true identity behind a fake address and its at number 1 on yapoos search , ( do yapoo do the pop charts by any chance ? ) lol

10. wolfie_the_real1

Seems Javacool has been the target of another rogue program trying to cash in on there name SpywareB1aster ( note the 1 instead of an l (L)), and oddly it looks like the same people who are trying to use the SpywareGuard name as both sites look very similiar in design , old habits die hard , about time Javacool got there lawyers onto it .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.