Anyone Else Quit Checking Bits-du-Jour??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chinook9, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Just wondering if the Bits-du-Jour new sign-in web page affected anyone else the way it did me.

I used to check Bits-du-Jour every day. After they changed the page to require a check in with e-mail address I quit checking. I rarely buy anything so I don't want to take the time to sign in. They're trying to sell me something so I would think they'd want to make it as easy as possible for me to do so. I'd be wrong!

2. monkeybutt

monkeybutt Registered Member

I did not really care for this either, but I still go there once in a while.

3. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

I get the news letter sent to me, so never really have to go there. Unless I see something in the news letter I want to buy....:D

4. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

I agree. The site is so confusing now and the new policy of not giving the actual date of the software offers means that I really can't be bothered to login that often now.
    Shame, because there have been some good discounts in the past.

5. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

If you google the site, and click on it with the wheel scroll button, it opens the bits dujour in a new tab, then click on google hit in the original tab and it opens up without signing in. Pain in the arse though

6. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

I used to visit regularly, and have bought a lot of software in the past but since they redesigned it i haven't been back the site is horrible now.

Anyone know a similar alternative?

7. blasev

blasev Registered Member

I've given up on bitdujour
    but this a nice idea :thumb:

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

9. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

I quit checking there after they took away the upcoming deals...
    When i buy software I use a pre-paid card and when I want something that costs more than 20€, I have to "recharge" it first.
    I want to test the software for at least 1-2 days before buying it. And I don't want to be bothered with spam or to have to check-in every single day for software that I have no interest into.

Bitsdujour used to be good but not anymore.:thumbd:

Panagiotis

10. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

For those that allow html in their email clients and recieve the newsletter ,just click the picture at the top right (no log in) ,rather than the link at the bottom which requires a log in.
    ellison

Attached Files:

11. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

I don't bother checking in with them either anymore. Anyone who wants my email address just to view their site has lost me.
    For a couple of days I enfered a@b.net but I can't be bothered to do that. I emailed and told them it was a stupid idea - no response

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.