Anyone else miss the nod32 v2 interface?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by axle00, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axle00

axle00 Registered Member

I've been using NOD32 for a few years now...It's my favourite antivirus program, but one thing I really miss is the old interface. I'm not sure why they changed it with version 3 (and now 4).

Anyone else miss the v2 interface?

2. GAN

GAN Registered Member

Not really. I liked the v2 GUI, but i think 3 and 4 is better.

I believe the new GUI will attract more customers compared to the v2 GUI even if some miss the old GUI. My impression is that the majority prefer the new GUI, but of course i don't know that for fact.

3. DooGie

DooGie Registered Member

Personally I think that the version 4 interface is the best yet and have no desire to go back to the v2 look.

To me the v2 interface always looked a bit amateurish although I have to agree it was functional.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I personally enjoy the look of v2.7 better than the newer GUIs. Not that there is anything wrong with the new look, I just prefer simplicity over graphics.

As long as the interface doesn't slow down the software AT ALL, I'm ok with it. If it starts going the route of Norton/Mcafee where the interface uses half the system memory just to display a dang moving icon, Then I'll have a problem.

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I think the new GUI does the job. How often does anybody access the GUI any way. I used the v2 GUI also when I first signed on with NOD32. Maybe its me but I don't see where it was better than V3 or V4 GUI. :)

6. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Ditto!
    However, as twl845 said, I now seldom open the GUI, since the setup is done and saved.
    v4 is as light as v2.7 on my old PC (P3-1000), which is great!

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You can press Ctrl + G while the ESET User Interface is open to toggle between the graphics and text mode, and the F5 key to access the Advanced Set window.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.