Anyone Else Having Issues with OA's Latest Version?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Zom17, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barthez

Barthez Registered Member

They should comment on what? People have problems with software. That happens. OP created topic on Emsisoft forums where he can receive some help. If others are experiencing problems then posting in Emsisoft forums should be a better way to get help.

Telling about problems with software in a place where one wouldn't receive much help is in my opinion illogical, it serves what purpose? :doubt:

OA have it's bugs but it's not abandoned and it's still being worked on. People that don't have any big problems with some application usually don't post about it on forums( Hi forums! Day 26 - still no bugs. Thanks, User.) So that's way this thread looks as it looks.

I understand people have different perspectives on Online Armor, but let's try to be at least constructive in our criticism :)

2. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I notice that you are an "infrequent poster" with only 41 posts. Well I suppose that is the basic foundation of your comment above, so the definition of "logic" may be somewhat doubtful.

If you were interested enough to take a more frequent part in Wilder`s activity, you would learn very quickly that the expertise and knowledge of this highly populated and respected Forum is as good, if not better than placing your questions on product orientated Forum`s.

I have received more help on many programs and products from Wilder`s than any I have had from the originator`s Forum. In fact, after many futile attempts, I have given them up and always resort to Wilder`s magnificent knowledge bank. AND, it is very rare that my problem is not solved. The response is enthusiastic and dedicated.

Most of my attempts at going to the "Organ Grinder" have been poorly replied to and often ignored. I find that the "Monkey" (excuse that expression) does a superb job.

I do hope that our readers take note of my comments as well as yours.

John

PS :- Incidentally, I raised MY problems with OA on the OA Forum. Fully described them in detail and expected an official OA response. Do you know what I got ? The only reply I received was from a WILDER`S member !! I may as well have placed the matter here in the first place.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  3. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I am truly stunned by the number of rude and ignorant remarks I read on these forums, especially by some folks who think that their posting hundreds of inane posts somehow is indicative of some level of competence, knowledge and/or contribution to the community at large. Perhaps the reply above should have been in the author's native language before redefining his terms for him...:rolleyes:

I help to moderate a couple of forums (unrelated to computer security) and this type of rude behavior toward other members would never be tolerated.

Thankfully there are others here who have demonstrated their knowledge and a willingness to be helpful without the attitude.

4. John Bull

Now, now Bluesey, behave yourself, this is a respectable Forum and my post illustrates that explicitly.

You are not supposed to lose your cool if by your own admission you have the self control of a "Moderator".

But it is always a pleasure to meet a real gentleman and scholar.
    John

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  5. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

12th November 2010, 10:04 AM: your problem posted
    12th November 2010, 05:53 PM: your problem solved

that was your final reply on that topic

And yes some people are here and on other forums as well (like me)

Gerard

6. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

:thumb:

http://support.online-armor.com/showthread.php?t=14482

(The same kind of quick support I have experienced there from catprincess, staff and beta testers.)

7. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Bugware from day 1, POS program...
    Bollocks.

If anecdotal evidence is worth anything; I've been using OA for years on both XP and Vista (free version mainly).
    The previous version 'froze' intermittently, the current version works A-OK on both XP and Vista with different security software configs (Avast, MSE, SBIE, Prevx SOL, HMP3 etc).
    So, obviously, no perfect score for Online Armor but it's pretty far from the 'crapware' description some seem so eager to use.

OT
    And I agree that post count 'levels' shouldn't be regarded as 'avatar power'.
    Let's not assume that those folks who, apparantly, seem 'not interested enough to take a more frequent part in Wilder's activity' are sordid lurkers
    but instead might simply be interested readers who don't have a need for help and/or refrain themselves from posting regular shout-outs.
    It would get rather silly if the idea of 'high postcount validity' would lead to insults to, f.i. Didier Stevens, 'the n00b with his lame below-70 post count'.

8. John Bull

@Blues7

Don`t know what you said in your last post as you have been blocked out, but enjoy yourself and have a nice day.

John

9. NormanN

NormanN Registered Member

I haven't been using it for long (~about a week), but I like OA Free so far. The only problem I seem to have, is with "Run Safer". If I open a program that is designated "Run Safer" in OA's program list *from* OA's list...it opens with a green border as expected. But if I open it from a shortcut or the taskbar, it has no green border. (and to make it more confusing, I could swear that there *used to be* a green border when opening them before?). But that's it, no other problems.

NN

10. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Until recently I was using Online Armor free with Avira free in my vista 32 bit laptop with no issues:)

11. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

o_O :rolleyes:

12. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Found this in the OA forums here. Post # 13 stating ..."But also be realistic and understand if it's a complex problem, and only affecting a very small number of people, it may get a low priority..." (this thread was about a problem with OA Premium ver 4.5.1.431)

I've also had "some" support tickets/issues with OA before that was not solved. The solution I did was not use OA for the meantime...It sure was nice when they still had Mike Nash with them. He occassionally visits/helps here back then..(now in the forums there...it's only catprincess, ABX and Pete there)

I also had that RunSafer without the border when used a shortcut:) But I just use the right-click/set it to RunSafer in the programs to circumvent it.

Just my two cents..:)

13. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

14. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

ABX (Adrian) left the OA forums around April 2010....:( He was good...

Thanks for the info. I'll change my bookmark. I still click on the old one when I visit and view (http://support.online-armor.com/index.php)...(still can view from it..redirection..?). Way back I remember catprincess was away for a long time also....I hope ABX will be back there.

:)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  15. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I've decided the title of this thread should be changed to Anyone NOT! having issues with OA's Latest Version :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.