Anyone Else Got the Annoying ubuntu Theme bug?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by chronomatic, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

There is a bug that is affecting me (and many other people) in ubuntu Maverick. Essentially what happens is sometimes when I reboot or log-out and back in, Gnome reverts me to the Gnome default grey theme. I can partially fix it by going to appearance settings, but this does not fix Nautilus or the desktop icons at all (it will only fix the top and bottom panels). The rest remains the ugly grey theme.

If interested then read this thread at Ubuntu forums. If this bug affects you, then be sure to post there and on the Launchpad bug thread (there is also a Gnome Bugzilla bug that has been filed). Both bug threads are linked in the forum thread.

Right now, it appears Canonical doesn't care and we can't even get a developer response in the bug thread. Perhaps with enough outcry, we can get this menace resolved.

2. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

I'm still quite the newbie, but have had something like this happen to me before. If you install Compiz Fusion Icon, check to make sure your settings look okay. I had mine stuck on Compiz I think it was, and it looked ugly no matter what theme I changed it to. And when I would reboot it would revert right back to the grey theme.

3. Cvette

Cvette Registered Member

I'm not sure if that's it, but I hope it can help someway. I don't experience the bug but should I in the near future I will come right back here.

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Hah, I thought I was the only one. With me it only happens in Lucid and not in Maverick.
    Furthermore it only happens after exiting a Kde app. like Okular or K3b and then only sometimes, it doesn't do this when simply logging in/out. Whether or not Emerald or Compiz is running makes no difference. I have Lucid with Gnome New Wave theme and Gnome Wine icon theme and Emerald. As I mentioned it does not occur with Maverick at all. Minor inconvenience but irritating.

5. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

I was getting this error for the past week or two. Not had the problem since the latest kernel update.

Cheers, Nick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.