Anybody upgrading to perfect disk 9 and issues with FDISR 205?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Horus37, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

I got an email the other day stating there is a new update to perfect disk8 and invited me to download it. Anyone download this new update and does it work with FDISR 205? What are the improvements?

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Its not released yet. the website says January 29 but thats been and gone :)

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Registered licence holders should have received an email with the opportunity to download the new version ahead of the January 29 public release. I was one of those and have not seen any problems thus far with running FD-ISR and the new PerfectDisk version.

4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

It works fine with Fd-ISR.

changes: The interface is changed (a little confusing initially), is faster in defragging and it needs a serial number.

Panagiotis

5. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

Raxco says there is a new "VSS compatibility mode" and if the software detects a vss snapshot it won't defrag the disk. Wonder how that effects our snapshots?

6. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

It doesn't for me....
    Installed PD 2008 on system yesterday, defragged HD including boot -time defrag. using PD 2008 = Unbootable system immediately after boot time defrag.
    Fortunately Shadow Protect saved the day so back to PD8 for me...

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

No issues here.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

It doesn't. The only way a vss snapshot could be detected, is if an imaging program, or FDISR is running and has created a "vss" snapshot. Then you wouldn't want the defragger to run.

A VSS snapshot isn't the same as an FDISR snapshot. VSS is an MS service that takes a snapshot, used for the image, so you can keep on working.

Pete

9. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

No issues running boot-time defrag here. (Using Windows XP Home by the way.)

10. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

One has the option of using the original RSS function instead of invoking the VSS service. I've opted to continue using RSS.

11. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

Tried again and seems to be working incl. boot-time defrag. Not sure what the problem was (? maybe hadn't given full permissions via Online Armor) but will keep Shadow Protect restore disc handy just in case...!
    On XP as well btw.

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

No problems yet. I updated my 2nd FD-ISR snapshot just before I did the upgrade on my primary snapshot, so if PD2008 has major issues, I'll just boot to the 2nd snapshot and update the primary snapshot back to pre-upgrade condition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.