Anybody try free FireTune for Firefox?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tweaker7, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tweaker7

tweaker7 Guest

Has anyone tried this free program called FireTune for Firefox? http://www.totalidea.com/freestuff4.htm It is supposed to automatically optimize Firefox for you. Sounds like it might be good for beginners or others would would like a little boost to an already great browser. It is also carried by Majorgeeks.com. Any opinions?

2. bch

bch Registered Member

I tried version 0.1 when it came out a week or so ago. I didn't find any speed increase and it messed up a few settings and I had to re-download some extensions etc. even after using the back up facility. Not the end of the world by any means. It is now on version 0.6(!) so may have got better. I would manually back up your entire profile folder before using it and possibly wait until they have got the programme absolutely right.

None of the many tweaks I've read about make Firefox any quicker for me, it's fast enough as it is, but I can understand trying to get the last ounce of performance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.