Anybody tried the new Anti-Keylogger?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by controler, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Wow what a change,
    I downloaded the new version 5.1 today and it has really changed. I am not sure I like the fact they removed the on demand scan option.
    They are more like Bo Clean now. Sit in background and waits for something to come along while Bo clean is now adding a on demand scanner.
    I get so confused :eek:

Anyway the new interface looks cool.
    I was just wondering if anybody else has been messing with the new version.

for some reason my exclusion list contains BOClean.DLL and idle.dll
    after installing.
    They have added the ability to contact support through online chat through the peogram. They have also included support ICQ, MSN and Yahoo IM ID's
    Here is the link

http://www.anti-keyloggers.com/index.html

controler

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi controler,

I moved your thread out of the hijack cleaning forum since you were asking if anyone else has tried the new Anti-Keylogger program, and in that specific forum, regular members are unable to reply to a thread.

It will get better attention in this forum. ;)

Regards,

snap

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Seems very expensive :( Any advantages over the free alternatives?

4. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

looks expensive and I'm not keen on some of their other products, which are keyloggers themselves or some of the potential for abuse by affilliates when they are offering such high commissions

http://www.anti-keyloggers.com/resellers.html

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I gave it a brief trial. Looks very slick and the running monitor ( a green spysweeper-like icon ) took up practically no memory or resources at all.

But I have Process Guard, so AKL would be redundant ;)

6. controler

controler Guest

Hello All

I dn't know mch about PG. Doesn't that program look for hooks ect in programs you have added to a list?
    I think AK looks at system wide hooks. It looks at any hidden screen capture, keystroke ect. If I remember correctly, AK uses some of the same technology
    trojans utilize lol
    What better company to make and anti-keylogger? they allready know the latest
    monitoring tech. since they develove monitoring software too.
    Actualy I haven't looked at the new version as much as I did the old.
    In the old version, they randomly changed the main EXE file name on boot as a small trick to fool programs that tried to shut it down, which was fine in he old days.
    I don't have as much time these days as i used to to test new software.
    In the past I would give a new program my full attention, now I am looking at
    two or three at the same time and not giving them the attention they deserve. Maybe I am not as much of a software junkie as I used to be.
    On a side note, a friend of mine had homeland security coe in and interview for new jobs. She said you could have 20 years computer experience in hardware and software and they did would not hire you unless you had a 4 year degree in IT.
    I told my friend, even though they monitor her every move while using their system, I am sure there are people out there monitoing them also LOL

have a nice day

:ninja:

7. abracadabra

abracadabra Guest

I would just use SSM (System Safety Monitor). It will stop those nasty keyloggers for free. Problem solved, w/o spending a dime.

8. controler

controler Guest

Attached Files:

9. controler

controler Guest

10. controler

controler Guest

One thing I ask of any software developer ok?

The software must protect my privacy by not only stopping the bad guys but by stopping government as well. There should be no deals with the government by software developers
    allowing government agents to bypass the protection
    :mad:

controler

11. bluekey23

bluekey23 Registered Member

Controller-
    And you keep bb out how??

12. controler

controler Guest

bluekey23

I don't think I could but I do alot of reformating :D
    and hope my friends will look after me.

controler - with one L

13. simple user

simple user Guest

Well, people, I tried this anti-keylogger and bought it. Not cheap, but I think it worth it - no updates means no extra cost in the long run. You might laugh at me, people, alright but I don’t trust free stuff much. You download a free program- why is it free, men? Shouldn’t developers earn their living? I guess I might get something I don’t actually want with any free program. I’d better buy – at least I know who to sue if something nasty happens. By the way, a naïve question maybe – how can I tell that an anti-keylogger program really works? Thanks in advance.

14. sard

sard Registered Member

Good luck doing that in a land of EULAs :p

15. TigerStripes

TigerStripes Guest

One way to test an anti-keylogger program is to download a few keyloggers yourself and see if it will find them.

16. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

And what better company to be able to defeat the techniques used in AKL - or even put a backdoor in to allow their next-gen keylogger to operate undetected? This company is playing both sides of the arms race here and that raises plenty of opportunities for abuse.
    SSM should prompt for any attempts to alter hooks by non-privileged processes (i.e. those running with user rather than system privileges). Process Guard prevents modification even by system processes unless you choose to allow them. To this extent, PG would appear a better choice since it offers more features (principally process protection) and costs less than AKL. However there is a new (beta) version of SSM that can run as a service which should provide similar levels of protection to PG.
    Why trust commercial stuff any more? Companies have an incentive to maximise profits so this can extend to rushing out products without proper testing, covering up known problems and even deliberating creating problems to "encourage" people to pay for upgrades (Microsoft Office's "partial compatibility" with older versions is the most widespread example of this).

17. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Hmmm ... safe to say, then, that you don't run Ad-aware, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, Mozilla, Firefox, Linux or any of the innumerable other worthy freebies, right? There are some developers, my friend, who do it for fun, or because they can, or because they see a need. Personally, I'm glad as h*** that these folks are around!

18. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

...and just to add to that succinctly put paragraph....they do it because they CARE... and a lot of the freebies out there are also linked to either a PRO [paid] version or have to be paid for by businesses, which helps with their development.

AdAware for eg, now has 2 'paid' versions of their product. PLUS / PRO which offer greater protection as in RTM.

I could start to name some company's that are 'money orientated' and their support is lower than a snake's guts IMO. [I won't, don't want a war :) ]

Just because it's free does not mean it's inferior.
    Just because you "pay" for it, does not mean it's superior.

As far as I am concerned, AdAware/SpybotS&D are the industry's "standard", and it's going to take some damn good piece of coding to knock those 'freebies' off their perch. IMO that is! :D

TAS

edit: My apoligies to controler [with one L ;)] sorry got OT there.
    No I have not tried that anti-keylogger personally, but obviously you and others like it, so go for it. :) :)

19. As a developer I can note that sometimes software is free because developer don't want to make it shareware without proper testing and fixing known problems.

Of course there are also some entusiasts, who just like an artists who make their paints available for view in galleries (or download at deviantart.com) for free ;)

But sure this is only if developer have some money or other "real" job

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.