anybody tried AntiHook 3.0?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

does any body tried AntiHook 3.0?how is it?what is it?is it effective antimalware?any experiences good or bad?thanks in advance.:thumb:

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I started to download a trial coppy of AH, but then I noticed that it required me to have Microsoft's dot net installed. I immediately lost interest because I do NOT want dot net's bloat anywhere on my computer. It's a personal hang-up of mine -- your mileage may differ.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it requiares to install netframe 2

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

5. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

cant agree more than u said mate....i also del it in moment its ask for this net netframe

6. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

dot net - exactly but if its a requirement you either have to have it installed or not use the software, I've noticed alot of programs I've looked at recently have asked for it WinDVD 9 I installed recently for Blueray and that required v3.

AntiHook was a surprise as on one hand not having some of the protection I thought but on the other (at the time) having features rivals did not. Needs updating.

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i tried it for only one day and it is same as ProcessGuard but PG is easier to use:thumb: is the development slow or finish cause i havent heard anything about it any more.i was googling and it looks like a pioneer in the hips industry.do you have coments?thanks jose

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Definitely

I always kept a copy of the old Anti-H app 2.6 version i think, but haven't used it for quite some time since other HIPS like EQS/RTD and now MD have surfaced, but i did like it at the start and didn't experience any real probs with it. Version 3.0 i tried once and decided back to 2.6.

As already mentioned, severely needs updating or it remains IMO abandoned but useful, only if complimenting an already solid security setup.

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

in the website it shows version 3 is new releasedo_O

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am becoming addited to H.I.P.S:D

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I already am :D

HIPS 4 me like many others globally is been a great & successful!!! advancement that used to and still do compliment AV's + Firewall to the user's advantage instead of the malware maker's creations that can slip thru the cracks (AV signature blacklist-heuristic's).

Heck, i burned a trail to learn more about them untill it became a natural instinct to depend on them more then an AV and eventually weaned off from AV dependency altogether.

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

agree 100% with you.
    i love hips now:thumb:

13. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Anti hook was one of the most granular execution/programm walls at the time. I used it until release 2.5. Compared to PG you are using right now it was much stronger. Although initially complicated it was a good product.

I started using SSM afterwards (My learing curve in clasical HIPS typically started with PG, then Antihook, SSM) after those EQS and D+ are real easy to use programs.

Cheers

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks kees for the info about hips.
    note:i dont know how to try eqsecure cause of the korean languageo_O :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.