Anybody tried "All seeing eye" ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sukarof, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

This program play on the same field as PG, Online armor, ewido and so on, meaning it might overlap a bit as all these programs do :)
    It has a very simple interface. Seems to work out of the box, but one can tweak it for tighter security. And it´s free.

http://www.fortego.com/en/ase.html

2. trest207

trest207 Guest

It sounds more like WinPatrol than PG, OA or Ewido really. And there's not many details about how it protects you. Does it use polling for the registry protection? Does it work at the kernel level? etc.... Not too bad looking of a program though.

3. santaclaus

santaclaus Guest

The feature set seem to place it closer towards PG/RD/OA than Winpatrol.

As for your questions, it's simple enough to find out by testing.

4. sure_bet

sure_bet Guest

Hmmmm....... looks interesting. Another free HIPS like program. I wonder how this would do compared to AntiHook which is also a freebie. Too bad it's only for 2k/xp + maybe next time 9Xers. I would really like to see this one tested by kareldjag though, hint hint. ;)

5. doormat

doormat Guest

9xers will always be left out.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Not really a software for ignorant users IMHO.
    I asked my sister about it and she ran away and closed the door of the kitchen.
    A nice toy for knowledgeable users.

7. doormat

doormat Guest

Erik, did you run away as well?

8. 7years

7years Guest

Win98 will not be consideration for this product. This type overkill protection is only required for the more insecure windows XP operating system.

ps. Look around you will notice that all *quality* shareware still supports Win98.

9. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Not always.

10. FastGame

FastGame Registered Member

So I guess the best software still supports Win 95 :rolleyes:

BTW All Seeing Eye is FREE, not shareware ;)

11. 7years

7years Guest

Yes, Deep Freeze is compatible with Win95.

12. JoeSagan

JoeSagan Guest

From Regdefend FAQ

13. 7years

7years Guest

LOL Joe Sagan! ok i'm convinced I'll upgrade Windows immediately. Does Regdefend support Windows Vista?

14. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Agree.

Only 1 running process which takes up about 7MB memory and stable with seemingly no effect on system performance.

It seems to monitor everything but I had a couple of programs which it appeared to miss e.g. Word!

BUT it's very "noisy" and there are lots of message pop ups which are not very clear as shown.

Registry monitoring was by polling but it failed these tests and I also found the uninstall messy.

BUT it is a very new product and hopefully it will become simpler; a white-list, more simple decision messages.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  15. Hi, it is a good program to tell you what is going on you system, it doesn´t prevent, only tells you, some time ago I posted another program like this one.
    I uninstalled it because it has problems with AntiHook and causes the 100% use of CPU, so that I prefer to use AntiHook and I said bye to All seeing eye.

16. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

New version just released which has a number of new tools; DLL tracker, Winsock LSP Guard, Host Files Guard.

Attached Files:

17. Arup

Arup Guest

Truly excellent app and works fine with my Antihook and CHX, it is truly handy app for those not wishing to install a outbound control firewall and using inbound programs like CHX, SP2 firewall, routers etc.

18. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

I wonder if they'll have to change their name in the future. There is a game server browser that's been out for years with the same name.

http://www.udpsoft.com/

19. cabletoeboy

cabletoeboy Guest

They could call it Total Information Awareness, or T.I.A for short.

20. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

This looks like a good program.
    As Blackcat said it is "noisy".Lots of popups!
    It's worth a closer look IMO mainly because of the guards in this program.
    All-Seeing Eye is using between 4100k and 5200k in the Task Manager here.

21. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

It looks like a nice app, but if it can´t prevent things (it just monitors) it really isn´t that powerful right. o_O

And it´s not that noisy if you disable the Process and DLL tracker. But I can see this turning into a much more powerful app if improved, it has to become more like PG, more integrated with the OS. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.