Anybody here watch Singapore Idol?

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by nadirah, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

We are down to the last 2 finalists, Taufik and Sylvester. The Final Showdown will be held at the Singapore Indoor Stadium!
    Singapore Idol ROCKS!!! :D:cool:

www.singaporeidol.com

2. Course not. Only people living in singapore.

The standards are so much lower than in say american idol.

And at least one of the finalist is there mostly because of racial reasons.(Hint : He always get at least about 20-25% of the votes right off the bat even if he sings like crap)

I bet Nadiah you are voting for Taufik. Am I right?

3. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I think 'POOP' Idol would just about cover the whole of the Sad, Sad Wannabe's and the Sad, Sad Audience and Viewers that encourage the Contestants to believe that they are 'A Legend in their own Minds' :D :D :D....It's worse than watching the Gladiators in the Roman Arena, at least some of them had talent and consequently had a fighting chance.... :D :D :D :D ;) (Cochise nips smartly off to don his body armour, net and Trident).....Bring on the Lions... :D :D

Cochise, :cool: :ninja:

5. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    What?!
    You don't say you bought that **** overthere as well, did you? hahaha
    Incredible....

(like Big Brother, this also is a Dutch invention/patent, so overhere a few guys are laughing their pants of and makin a fortune at the same time. Can anybody tell me what is so appealing to watching some John Doe make a fool of himself? Ah what the heck. No arguement in taste... meanwhile I turn off my telly and turn on my PC, or read a good book -anyone still know what those are?:p )

6. slammer_JvA

Hear hear !!!

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!! ;) :D :D

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Loooooool! :D :D :D :D :D Loooooooooooool!.....Slammer, my friend, you ARE priceless.....you took the words right out of my mouth....but being English I was too genteel to express my true thoughts...NOT!...

How these people get away with this CRAP I will never know....it must be Mass Hypnotism.........What on Earth is missing from the lives of the deluded Public that are drawn into actually watching this drivel..........I know people who actually think that the talentless actors in the Soaps here are REAL....I think I would find it a bit worrying if I started to believe as REAL something that was a figment of someones elses imagination, wouldn't you?.. :D :D :D...But there ya go.. takes allsorts I suppose.......

Happy whatever it is your doing Slammer, :D

Cochise, :cool:

8. slammer_JvA

Well, my girlfriend is just coming home from work so I'm of to get some delicious ~censored~ and after that give her a big ~censored~

(-oops...:eek:

Nevermind, what I was saying: Thanks, Cochise!)

hahaha
    :p :D :D :D

;)

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

ENJOY! :D

10. Galcoolest

Galcoolest Registered Member

I wouldn't have been caught dead watching American Idol after I checked it out in it's first season- inanity deluxe, and I agree with most of the bashing of that show. BUT- I happened to read on Yahoo news or somewhere about the big brouhaha of the last season- who got booted and why, etc. And in that article was reference to even Simon (laGree's) and what's her name and what's his name's (the judges) gushingly positive statements and opinions of this gal named Fantasia, whom they insisted had "it"- what the show was supposedly looking for. Well, given that I like a controversy, and the final show was that night, and I was curious about this totally out-of-the-blue Fantasia gal, I watched it.

That 20 yr old girl can sing! REALLY SING. I was so blown by her natural gift of genuineness (as compared to the lame style of the white chick finalist) and so happy I got to see ONE person who really deserved any attention based on talent and spirit.

Unfortunately, I think Fantasia might very well be a "Whitney Waiting To Happen"- given how she is (seen interviews) and the enormous overload of money and power she suddenly acceded to (Oprah had her over right away, Diana R. called her right away, Quincy was on her like a fly on poop, etc.) - and her soulful volatility could certainly lead to frustrations that lead to self-medicating. Let's hope not, or that she has a really ethical dealer if she does!

PS She was a sketch teaching Ellen G. new dance moves the other day.. which reminds me, Ellen G. is cool as hell, and is to talk show bull what Fantasia's legitimacy was to Idol....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Lets just hope, if she has talent, that she is not taken advantage of and destroyed within the first six Months.........I can't help but feel that there is always a 'Hidden Agenda' with this stuff somewhere down the line...maybe I'm a little jaded Galcoolest!.....

12. Galcoolest

Co- that was my point, and is my fear, too. She is going to be the ticket to many folks' paychecks, and the agenda of that show is less than hidden.....

But, truthfully, and admittedly, I think that's why Oprah corraled her for quiet time in Illinois right away- to give her the straight dope on what's up and gonna happen to her, and the same with Diana reaching out immediately. I should have been less critical of those particular gals stepping in like that, cus it's a good thing really.

(And Co- you owe me a responsive post elsewhere, you know...)

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hang on Gal, I'm working upto it, I've got to get my wits together to try and cope with you.....not easy.... :D

14. Galcoolest

Yeah, Co, I dig your dilemma- it's never easy to have FAITH in your old ideas (or maybe doubt that you have expressed them right), when you begin to think they just might not have any basis in TRUTH. LOL. Touche.

15. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i know its not important and you'll think im petty for saying it, so sorry, but its a British program, maybe you worded it wrong so sorry, again, but Simon Fuller, the man who gave us the spice girls :D came up, and owns the rights to pop idol.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/21/music.idolmaker.ap/

from the link.
    "Fuller first started the "Idol" concept in Britain, where it was known as "Pop Idol," and then transformed the franchise into a worldwide phenomenon."

when it comes to computers you beat me every time, but embarrassingly, when it comes to pop idol, i know my stuff :oops:

16. Galcoolest

Icen-

I hope that wasn't aimed at me, but couldn't find anywhere here in this thread who said this was orginally an American show...
    No, most of the folks who watch it, I think, have been reminded of that by Simon's none- too- humble remembrances about Pop Idol in Britain, and la dee da. At least in the first season when I watched some of it.

And a few folks who are as cynical as me and dug up his resume right away know well what he's done not just with that show, but in the industry overall. His whole attitudinal demeanor is from what I hear fairly unscripted- he's a p*ick for real,-- but he knows he can damn well be one considering his professional successes and eye for talent.

17. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

no it wasnt aimed at you or slammer in a way that could be taken other then friendly :) and its not a subject close to my heart. i was only saying that it was a British idea. i didnt really want to post it just incase anyone took it the wrong way, but i did. and i dont want to hurt anyones feelings, sorry if i did. no, just saying its British as it seemed slammer was saying that its Dutch, like i would have done if it was Dutch and someone said it was British
    simon fuller is a music manager, simon cowell is the guy on the show, two different people, i feel like im doing it again, when im only saying the facts :rolleyes: i wish i hadnt posted now. maybe i'll use the advice i just gave jimbob and use the edit button :D

18. Galcoolest

Yes- Simon Fuller started/created/bankrolled the show, but our buddy Simon Cowell also has had big success with representing and helping to "discover " talents, and owns part of the show, from what I have heard.......

19. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

well, its not something i really know too much about. i think cowell only has connections to his/a record company.

right now we have a program called the x factor. you can read about it here :eek: :D :eek:

20. slammer_JvA

I stand corrected ( I think? Anyway I'll take your word for it :) )

Iceni, dear pal, don't fear the possibility of offending; no need for that, because you don't seem the type of person to do so, and I'm open to advice, criticism and correction. Not that easily offended, especially not by a fellow member of WSF :)

Let's say in my eagerness to state my views (... :doubt: ), and being too chauvinistic at times too - I admit- I just assumed it was the same Dutch crap, like Big Brother was.

Anyway, no matter what nationality, imho it still comes from the same pile of sh*t! (must be some weird kind of global virus of utter dis-taste... lol :D :p :blink: )

Reality TV..................... to me that's the utmost..... "contradictio-in-terminis" *
    :rolleyes: ;)

regards,
    slam :ninja: :cool:

* hm, curious what Cochise will think when he's reading this lol :D

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  21. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

well, im not exactly proud to say its British, by the look of it, we have a similar view of reality TV [​IMG] [​IMG] :D .

the Dutch gave the world big brother- the Brits pop idol. fantastic :D

22. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Taufik is crowned Singapore Idol
    --------------------------------
    Singapore has chosen Taufik Batisah as its first Singapore Idol.

The 23-year-old National Serviceman sang three songs on the final night at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, including a special composition "I Dream" by Michael Fallon.

He walks away with a Platinum recording contract with BMG and an artiste management contract with Hype Records.

The host of Singapore Idol said about three million votes were cast throughout the entire Singapore Idol competition.

23. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

24. zahidneo

zahidneo Guest

Re: sylvester adress

where is sylvester house adress

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.