Anybody Else Got NSFW Content in YouTube Homepage?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

At least in these last few days, when I was opening YT's homepage, I was presented by some NSFW (not safe for work) materials which showed explicit/implicit nudity/semi-nudity. Anybody got this too? o_O

2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

No problems here.

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I seem to get a lot of Kate Bush & Prodigy videos recommended for me to watch. :cool:

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Did you watch similar naughty stuff on your Google/YouTube account? ;) Or maybe someone else? :ninja:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  5. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

GrafZeppelin, there is one video at the top that is going through a "Gangnam Style" phase like the Miley Cyrus video before it..which this video parodies. Other than that, no, I can't say I've seen anything risque.

Daveski17, I like your version of Youtube. All I ever get is the incessant "I've got something to say so everyone pay attention to me because I'm on Youtube" recommendations, along with the ever so nauseating new pop videos by 20-somethings who will be TMZ fodder within a year. :D Perhaps this is because I never actually sign in to Youtube when I use it?

6. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Most probably. ;)

7. guest

guest Guest

You're accusing me of what? ^_^"

Seriously though, I got those kind of contents just after I opened the browser. I always cleared browsing data before I quit my browsing session. And I don't use YT with a logged on account. Unless they've tracked me long enough, but I usually got stranded in NSFW websites unintentionally. :argh:

8. guest

guest Guest

Ever seen a video thumbnail which shows a man and a woman doing a... a... Can I say it here? :blink:

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

10. guest

guest Guest

Thanks ronjor. But sometimes it blocked videos which shouldn't be blocked somehow. Not that I have problems with NSFW contents. I just quite surprised to see non relevant NSFW videos being suggested to me. If I was searching about SMF tutorials, then I should get similar guides from other users. But instead, a few of them are not what I was looking for. Same thing happened with Google web/image search too, but this is an old behavior. Now they appeared right in the YT's homepage. Never had that before though, so I asked if anyone else got this as well or Google just treat me so "specially".

11. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

I've never seen anything like that unless I've actively searched for it. You won't get to see too much anyway with Google being very proficient in taking clips like that down. Could you perhaps be running across rather tame clips that simply show a risque thumbnail to get more viewers? That happens quite often on Youtube.

12. guest

guest Guest

Yeah, they probably have taken it down if it was really that bad. Still find it amusing to see it appeared out of the blue.

Perhaps. I never bothered to open them anyway. And I only encountered a certain thumbnail once. Never seen the same thing more than once.

13. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Well, all I can think of is double-check your URL and try another browser or OS. Then a VPN if need be.

14. guest

guest Guest

It's YT's homepage, so it will still be the same link with different "menu" everyday, arranged differently for different people. You know how Google is, right? ;) I already got them when I was still on Firefox IIRC, just not in the homepage. For VPNs, no. That's another attack surface for me to worry about.

But anyway, thanks for all the inputs and participations of everyone in here. I guess Google just, somehow, give a rather different suggestions for me. As I said, I don't really have problems with it. Just curious if this is just me or other people also got it too.

To the moderators, please close this thread since this trivial issue seems to be solved, sort of. But I don't think there's any points to let this on. Thank you. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.