Any way to keep "X items have protection disabled" settings while enabling updates?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mondoshawan, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mondoshawan

mondoshawan Registered Member

Any way to retain existing "X items have protection disabled" settings during protection updates?

I have one site I use a lot that's in the protections list: Excite.

The problem is that every time I "Download All Protection Updates" the only practical way to enable them is the "Enable All Protection" link. This function ignores any entries I may have manually unchecked and removed protections against previously, (like I need to do to log into Excite).

What I would need is something like an "Enable all NEW protections" function.

Would there be some way to edit the backend so as to cause a specific definition not to appear anymore?

For instance, when sbdatabase2.dtb gets downloaded, is it a full set of definitions to date, or does it only download an incremental set of protections ? And if it only downloads an incremental, is there a stable way to go into the sbdatabase2.dtb file and manually delete a protection definition out of it's list?

Thx.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey mondoshawan....Welcome to Wilders,

You can permanently ignore any item on the Block List by following the FAQ instructions contained in the below Javacool Software Knowledge Base article.

This FAQ---> Adding an Item to the Permanent Ignore List

It is a full set of definitions to date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.