Any way to get rid of Outlook error message?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acr1965, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Is there any way to remove this error message every time I open Outlook? Eset av has been uninstalled and left this little Christmas present behind. I've tried the Eset removal tool or whatever it is and I've tried settings in Outlook. Changing the settings in Outlook was a work around which worked for a while but now the error message is back.

Attached Files:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. acr1965

Thanks Ronjor. I tried what you suggested. I eventually had to find and delete the .dat file manually as my search results would not show it. But even after deleting the .dat file (and rebooting twice) I still get the same error message when opening Outlook.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sorry that was no help. Unless there are no suggestions, ESET will have to address this problem.

5. acr1965

I tried what is suggested at this link and it works for now - http://superuser.com/questions/349335/how-to-remove-eset-outlook-plugins

I believe I tried this same suggestion before which worked for a while. But when I recently opened Outlook for the first time in a couple months I saw that the error message had came back for some reason.

The above suggestion was from this post - https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2066723&postcount=4

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Sounds like there may a bug or two lurking. :)

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Until someone from ESET attends to your issue, you may submit an online issue ticket

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The only reason why deleting extend.dat didn't work is probably that you didn't delete it for the right profile. A Process monitor log should reveal the location from where it's loaded.

9. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

What about reinstalling and uninstalling Av again? Maybe that would solve the problem.

10. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.