Any way to exclude .tib files from Windows Search?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ablatt, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ablatt

ablatt Registered Member

I just installed Acronis True Image 10 (4942). I had been using version 9.

When I do a Windows Search in XP SP2, Windows will now also automatically search all .tib files on the disk I search on. Version 9 did not hook into Explorer to do that.

I notice when I Search, All Files and Folders, under Advanced Options and Type of File, I now have Acronis True Image Backup Archive showing up with all the other types.

Is there any way to exclude these images from a search? The search takes much longer when archive images are searched.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I only know two sure fire methods to exclude backups archives from a normal search.
    Keep them in a separate partition. This can then be excluded from the search or of course they would be ignored if in a secure zone. Secure zone images have to be mounted before they can be searched.

Xpilot

3. ablatt

ablatt Registered Member

Unfortunately, as others also have experienced, I got the following error often when searching a drive that had archive images on it:

Archive Open Error,
    Plug-in is not found (0x1B0003)
    token = "PlaceBrowser"
    Tag - 0xAC6EA1C1803F7BRC

From what I read there is no real fix for this in ATI 10 so I went back to 9.

I wonder if 11 has the same problem?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
    For now there is no way switching off search in Acronis True Image Home archives. However our Development Team is working hard on making Acronis software better and most probably it will possible to do so with the future versions of the product.
    We would like to inform you that the issue has been fixed in the latest Acronis True Image 11 Home. We may recommend you to install a trial version available at http://www.acronis.com/download/ in order to make sure that the program runs flawless for you.

Please feel free to contact us again any time should you have any further questions.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.