Any way to block individual avatars?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Blue Ring, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ring

Blue Ring Registered Member

I find some peoples avatars to be highly offensive, and was wondering if there's a way to block only individual avatars without blocking them all. Thanks.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No, there's no way to do that. However, you can add the member that owns the avatar to your ignore list in the User CP so that you won't see their posts. That's the best you can do.

As for offending avatars, if you mean "offensive in a TOS violating way" then you can report it using a "Report Bad Post" on any of their posts and state that the issue is the avatar.

3. Blue Ring

Blue Ring Registered Member

Hi LowWaterMark. Ok, thanks for that info. Too bad I would have to block the user as well because I find his or her posts interesting.

I don't think the avatar I was talking about is in violation of the tos. Unless satanic symbols are included.

4. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

If there are satanic symbols and will, it might be a terms of service issue. However why don't you try just private messaging the user and asking him or her to change the avatar if you really find it offensive.

5. HURST

HURST Registered Member

Quoted from TOS:

I don't know if avatars are included here. Literally speaking, most user's avatars would be "off topic", since they are not computer security related, so I don't think this section of TOS could be applied here.
    If you find a users avatar offensive, you can choose to PM him and tell him (probably most users won't listen), or just choose to ignore it.

6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Avatar can blocked by blocking its URL, eg using AD filter.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

You are right. I just did it via Block content in Opera. :thumb: :D

Attached Files:

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

You can block avatars with AdMuncher also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.